CE-NG Dolby Vision (+FEL) for DV-licensed SOCs (s905x2, s922x/z, s905x4)

https://xdaforums.com/t/ts9-sc9853i-please-tell-me-developer-options-password.4033373/#post-81459497

here old way for pass dev
i don’t if working for G1?

@Zuma I provide sn to kinhank,they calculate a password for me.

2 Likes

Let’s just hope they reenable support for coreelec

1 Like

thanks
I sent them
after the update, each device has its own password to enter developer mode, different from the other, why this complexity?! It seems that the coreelec system scares them!

Will the password be needed everytime you try to boot to CE or just a one time thing?

Tencent Aurora 4 Pro may use sc2_s905x4_ugoos_x4.dtb .then the light will work .use this command
"
fdtput -t s /flash/dtb.img /pcieA@f5000000 status okay
"
CE can’t reboot.

1 Like

After you put the pass key, were you able to get it work and boot to Coreelec?
I got the password and enabled USB debugging and everytime I have the same recovery screen.
I tried different USBs and ssds with multiple boot methods like adb shell mobile version (reboot update) and an app on ATV- Reboot to Coreelec, also toothpick way is not working correctly and it shows recovery message.
Thanks for your effort and time🤗

So I sshed into CE (not android), and it only showed MMC_CAP2_HS200.
Figured I’d try it anyway and worst case I’ll install again and restore from a backup, but CE required a code, and it was cut off so I couldn’t see it :man_shrugging:.
Running at a 4k resolution with arial based fonts.

you have to use standard skin to see the code.

What about the amb6+?

I am using the standard skin

it supports HS400.

1 Like

Thanks. Now I just need to figure out how to show the code…

someone wrote this on their facebook page: I am trying to understand if the KinHank G1 has 100LAN NIC or Gigabit 1000 LAN NIC. Is there different revisions/generations of it?
Seems strange that it would be 100LAN only?

Their support wrote me back on the email I sent them also, it is 100LAN Nic.

maybe KinHank themselves don’t realise it’s now working , at least for coreelec. The individual cancelled the order now that it’s locked.

everyone who wants coreelec back should ask them if they could unlock otherwise it’s lost it’s biggest selling point that would have quadrupled the sales by year end!

my question is, why do you care about their sales haha, do you make money off it? if no then look for other alternatives, I mean it’s not end of the world if this particular box won’t work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For AM6B+ this has already been discussed here. FEL works with original dovi.ko that ships with Android
Relevant post describing FEL working on “quite dated” Android is here

yeah I’ve been hyping this box for a few days, spamming each thread because I make 1 bitcoin per sale. please make sure to mention my name if you decide to buy the box. since it’s china it takes longer to reach me for new updates about the box. I just got the message it’s locked bootloader and to distract you to keep on buying. I was told I will be given extra now because we are going to sell so many fewer units that our profit margins have exceeded that of Nvidia.
once KinHank have an IPO selling illegal retro gaming consoles, which by the way we will be the first company to ever do so. my stock will be worth 5 yen.
Please hope you understand

sarcasm aside, this would have put pressure on other vendors to reduce prices.

send s/n only solved developer option lock!still can not boot emuelec/coreelec.

@YadaYada - Regarding Dolby Vision which are working on licensed devices

Ugoos X4Q (s905x4-j) - this is only valid for X4Q Extra model which has this SOC ? All other models has only Amlogic S905X4 SOC and it is not wokring ?

1 Like

Thanks, I didn’t know they had a bunch of variations. Yeah it’s only going to work on the s905x4-J/K variants. I updated the OP to specify the X4Q Extra.