CE-NG Dolby Vision (+FEL) for DV-licensed SOCs (s905x2, s922x/z, s905x4)

I advise you to disconnect the Internet when you turn on the device for the first time, because it is possible that the disastrous update will work automatically

1 Like

I havenā€™t bought one yet. I have no intention of buying one this year and wonā€™t buy one now if they donā€™t allow bootloader, but thanks

So why spam this forum and the Kodi forum with your conspiracy theories and obsessive links to AliExpress. It isnā€™t the best device now and who knows what will happen over the next year.

4 Likes

Thats what i thought
Do you remember kernel revision
5.4.210 or

Think kernel revision, has fix for adaptive HDR.

Maybe Kinhank G1 fix is on the way
Or at least release original firmware, so user can revert back.
Fix a bricked Kinhank G1

Keep in mind the old saying

Oh Well Thats Testing!!!

yeah itā€™s like the world would go under if just that particular box wonā€™t run CE, just buy other alternatives. lol.

Hi All, i tried 9/4 nightly with smb280 dtb on the dune hd box (black). Dv playback is flawless, its playing dv files that it normally failed to play with correct colors on NE branch. FEL is also working, i have seen the test file for first time exactly how movie should appear in the background, Great work!!!

Im having issue with Ethernet. It detects it but always gets a 169.254.17.xx ip address. Does not seem to be assigning the correct dhcp ip. I manually changed the ip and gateway. It shows online but then ssh does not work. I get host not responding in pc. Any idea what needs to be done to fix it? i will still use it with wifi and ssh works with wifi but prefer Ethernet transfer speeds. Tia

I received my G1 last night. Put NG sd card in slot, held in reset button, turned on power, let go of button when Gi colourful message on screen, Booted into CE :slight_smile: Played some videos that stuttered on X3 player ok. Wired 340Mbps/wifi 5g same.
Still testing this morning. I donā€™t have a DB TV atm only Samsung Oled (HDR etc). I dont intend to ever boot into GI1only CE.

Just tested the sc2_s905x4_sei_smb_280.dtb on my Dune Homatics box and still no Ethernet. I still have to use the sc2_s905x4_ugoos_x4.dtb.

Just working on getting my G1. I booted it but didnā€™t sign in on their OS - you canā€™t skip selecting a wifi or logging into google. Instead I built ne on microSD and am at the moment restoring a backup from 20.5 ng to the latest nightly ne. First attempt didnā€™t work for a couple of reasons. 1) remote.conf wiped - to get it onto the SD is a pain unless you have a spare linux machine kicking around. 2) no sources restored. My config wasnā€™t in line with Tutorial: How to backup the entire system to USB Flash Drive - #6 by Betatester, so trying again.

Does it not load Ethernet driver or assigns an APIPA ā€œ169.ā€ address to itself? Ugoosx4 dtb eth also does not work for me and i have dune hd (black). Even without ethernet im really happy with getting fel, dv is now gold on it.

Edit, nvm, i guess its a dtb issue, i stumbled on a few historical posts and found the reason. We just have to wait for correct dtb and can always use .tar to update at anytime, until then im just going to use it for what its worth. Thanks

have you tried boot to Android then back to CE? I noticed when I cut the power off the box and boot to CE I lose Ethernet, reboot to Android and back to CE makes it work again.

There is no reboot to EMMC option. So thereā€™s no way to boot into Android except pulling the pen drive that has the CoreELEC operating system.

Are you running NG or NE? I am running NG.

install Aeon Nox: Silvo skin and you will get the option to reboot to Android, I run NG.

1 Like

Thanks, if I got time tomorrow Iā€™ll do some testing.

Oh this is so annoying. My Kinhank G1 is connected to TV LG OLED E6V via an Onkyo TX-NR747. Directly to TV, DV plays fine. Via Onkyo, it doesnā€™t play. Some things play ok, but other profiles seem not to - but in both cases, DV isnā€™t detected by the TV. :angry: :sob: (this is using NE nightly not NG)

Before update, kernel version number is 5.4.210-android12-9-g3990242cb3d2
#1 Wed Aug 2 17:49:20 CST 2023

1 Like

It seems that thereā€™s no help, so G1 will never be fixed.
The marketing PR on Facebook page changed her words and deleted everything about Coreelec-Emuelec

The device is manufactured and maintained by SDMC. Kinhank is only for sales, and they collect issue feedback to SDMC.

Iā€™m not surprised in the least bit. Most TV box manufacturers are one-and-done. They make the box and have little incentive to keep on pouring money into its development.

It would be more profitable to create a version 2 with a metal case, 1000mbit nic, better heatsink, and upgraded Android and sell it as a new box.

Hereā€™s the SDMC box.