CE-NG Dolby Vision (+FEL) for DV-licensed SOCs (s905x2, s922x/z, s905x4)

Everyone keeps complaining about the Android 12 updates, but I don’t have any issues. But perhaps I don’t use it in a manner that has issues. I updated to Android 12 to get AFR and DTS-HD MA audio.

I am running SEI804HM_firmware.12.8.7329 firmware and have no issues. Some say that after playing a video with closed caption, the video starts playing in slow motion after it plays for a while. I have not seen that issue and I USE closed captions on everything.

Yep, I’m up to date with this information, that’s why I should assume Nokia 8010 updated to Android TV 12 without fix those problems for local media playing.

Which device?

Sorry, I should have specified the device I am referring to. I am using the Dune Homatics version of this device.

my question is, if you have fully working CE, why even use Android for high quality video/audio files? I just use Android for IPTV, SmartTube and Chromecast. :slight_smile:

We have in the alpha tester group in homatics, the upcoming firmwares tested.
Equal who said what, the tester group noticed huge frame drop in the movies, sometimes with ext. subs, sometimes without. All h264 and H265 codec impacted. The tester group proved it and homatics confirmed it. They accepted, and waiting the solution patch from amlogic. Thats why the Atv12 failed in the tests and not going to beta firmware, or stable.
Dune gave that in other channel to some impatient users, and then the wrong fw going to the wild… . Thats all.
When once the fw will be stable, homatics and sei push to dune, or Nokia, or rocktek…They have no tester groups.

2 Likes

I appreciate Homatics standing by their products. I hope they bring ATV to this box.

1 Like

Initially ethernet did not work but after booting back to android and then ce (had to use aeonSilvio skin for reboot to android) ethernet is working, ssh and samba also no issues. I dont know why booting to android and then going back to ce fixed it.
Dune Hd (black) running 9/4 night smb280 dtb, dv fel works great

it’s temporarily, if you shutdown the box and back to CE you will lose ethernet until you boot back to Android, for now I leave to box on instead of it being shutdown when I turn off TV until it getting fixed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Again, I have no issues with the latest beta/alpha firmware. Guess it depends on your personal setup and hardware.
Android 12 gave me the DTS_HD MA that was lacking in Android 11. Also, Android 12 gave me some AFR on some apps.
I would NOT go back to Android 11. But everyone is different. And DON’T like being told what firmware I can run/test. I am sure others feel the same way. I have been beta/alpha testing for different devices for many, many years.

1 Like

Im happy. I am also on a pension so price is a BIG deal.
Mine has CE on SD card so it will never get opened into the G1 side (Signed into Google)
It works very well :slight_smile:
Im also wondering if the same aplies to the updated boxes, just use sd and pin in reset hole.
Baz

Good evening,

Does anyone have a download link for the famous file with FEL layer in Dolby Vision to test on different devices? The one that displays the colors + the background scene.
The one shared above on Mega was a dead link.

@clarkss12
By forcing an unauthorized and unvalidated update on your serial number, won’t you risk voiding your warranty and future OTA updates?
Won’t you be forced to wait for future firmware leaks in .img format to install them manually?

Or else you will have to manage to get hold of the validated original firmware for your serial number and reinstall it. But not easy to find, maybe even impossible…

Thanks in

From an earlier post somewhere :slight_smile:

Baz

@freddy @iMediaPi G1 new FW had a bug. When USB debugging is enable, the USB port close to HDMI and 3.5mm cannot be used.

Still locked out
Email support no return, with password

Thank you so much !

@YadaYada
Maybe it would be interesting to add a download link to these files in the first post of this thread?

1 Like

you got this information from an email reply? does that mean it was unintentional and it’ll be fixed soon? so users only have to email to get the password and we have coreelec box? REALLY? that would be so cool! please say it so!

@iMediaPi Send S/N only solved developer option lock,still can not boot emuelec/coreelec.they said waiting for subsequent updates.

1 Like

Added it to the OP. Let me know if anyone knows who/where 1.58 GB folder on MEGA was originally posted, I’ll link to it if possible.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Best device for Coreelec in 2024