CE-NG Dolby Vision (+FEL) for DV-licensed SOCs (s905x2, s922x/z, s905x4)

The used device tree is chosen by the user.
So when using the wrong one you can’t expect to work correctly…

sc2_s905x4_sei_smb_280.dtb is still not working if you don’t reboot to Android first, but after power off same thing, need to boot Android to get it working. :slight_smile:

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:ce_support

Did you perform new install just updated using tar file?

sc2_s905x4_sei_smb_280.dtb Is available since 9/4 nightly. If no changes made then we don’t expect Ethernet to work beside this workaround.

I was using this one ( sc2_s905x4_ugoos_x4.dtb) with working Ethernet, until todays update, then the Ethernet stopped working. Something changed with this device tree today.

Nothing changed, no.
https://relkai.coreelec.org/?dir=Amlogic-ng/ce-21

I guess that will remain one of life’s mysteries.
I was watching "Saving Pvt. Ryan, and it downloaded the newest update, and asked me if I wanted to reboot. I rebooted, and after it rebooted, I no longer had any Ethernet connection.

I agree that does not make sense, but that is what happened.

No log no problem…

1 Like

Yes correct
NE 5.4.210 no profile 7 FEL
However conversion of MEL playback

Have many boxes in the Field
Friends and Family all want CoreELEC!!!
Dolby Vision!!!

Have Ugoos Am6b Plus at home
And most reliable Tanix Tx5 Plus Deluxe!!!

Big price difference between Homatics and older
Ugoos x4q extra

Ugoos Box X4q extra is only arnd $80 US
Sale at aliexpress .com

Iam sure Homatics is a Fine choice also

This Hobby gets addictive/expensive!!!

1 Like

ng-0904/0908/0910, there is no Ethernet, need to boot to Android, and then back to CE from Android to have Ethernet.

I’ve been told that the aliexpress sale isn’t special. wait for real sales later on. also the AMB6+ was actually cheaper on Ugoos site earlier today, they had a $10 off. I expect best sales around black friday in like 6 weeks time

now with all this coreelec developement I expect boxes to compete and reduce in price. in 6 months we should have lots of chinese sellers with FEL capable chips

Curious test: try to play a relatively high bitrate 1080p24 VC-1 encoded video, and set the VC-1 acceleration to exclude 24p. That setting is because the Amlogic VC-1 hardware decoder incorrectly deinterlaces all VC-1 content, even progressive.

Software decoding 1080p VC-1 with the S922X-J SoC seems close to capping on a single core. So not sure if the S905X4-J can handle it. I think software decoding is single threaded?

S905X4 can’t handle it, I tried, lucky I could replace those handful VC1 movies with HEVC/H264 ones.

1 Like

We have asked Homatics about vc-1 hw decoder, a long time ago.
They said its dropped.
Its a very old format, they will not support it anymore.

3 Likes

The VC-1 issue might be a software bug in the hardware decoder, but nobody really dig into it.

FYI, I spent a few hours looking before, I could get it decoding without interlace but some frame rate issue, I think it is using a different path to other HW decoders (older approach) need an expert.

2 Likes

Still no ethernet.WIFI auto-connection failed.0911-ng

Your device id5 is using Motorcomm YT8531, this eth chip is not supported in 4.9 kernel. Please someone backport the driver and feel free to make a PR.

What I don’t understand is why there is ethernet from android back to ce