CEC Wakeup Problem

would it make sense to add a feature to somehow configure the tv brand in coreelec, so it can behave differently (CEC wakeup etc.) depending on the brand?

With the changes today every user can enable/disable each single wake up option by cec by this new parameter in config.ini:

The changes are included in tomorrow’s nightly.
3 Likes

can you tell me what i have to enable now? i had some wierd moments yesterday night. the n2 was waking up all the time when i wanted to power it down.
even worse i was a bit drunken so this totally confused me :smiley:

i will try to just uncomment that line cec_func_config and see what happens, but what i’d really like to understand is the bits above and how to combine that to the 0x00, because its only 7 bit? or is this BCD?

edit: just uncommented that line and it worked as expected, thanks!

1 Like

Yes, please, can we have an expanation of what the bits above do?

There are some different ways how the device can be wake up by CEC commands.
To find your wake up CEC command you have to make a UART log as the bootloader will show the received data.

Like the command: 0F 82 00 00 -> http://www.cec-o-matic.com/
CEC-O-Matic shows you a “active source” change of the TV as broadcast was the reason.
So disable the bit ACTIVE_SOURCE_MASK in cec_func_config disable this wake up command.

Most flags are unused because of history. They used ones:
CEC_FUNC_MASK -> disable CEC wake up at all
AUTO_POWER_ON_MASK -> some other commands
STREAMPATH_POWER_ON_MASK- > stream path change command
ACTIVE_SOURCE_MASK -> active source change command

So like you want to disable the wake up at all just clear bit 0:
cec_func_config='7E' or just cec_func_config='0'

2 Likes

Odroid N2 -> Onkyo TX-NR696 LG OLED55E8LLA CEC startup and shutdown working fine now by only turning on or off the TV.
I was thinking it was a issue with my Onkyo because by connecting the N2 direct to the TV CEC was working fine without the changes in config.ini
Great support
Thank you