Converting Enigma2 channel list to TVHeadend

What will be needed?

• Windows based machine (if you’re on Mac or Linux, you can use a free Virtual Machine ie. VirtualBox)
  • FTP/SFTP client ie. FileZilla, WinSCP, Transmit or other
  • Channel list for Enigma2

Step by step guide

1. Download a tool named E22TVH 1.5a created by guys from Wetek.
    Download link : https://mega.nz/#!ZkhATajB!L1VroWnJbj0AL1vVWOEMbAw2kpmb0UDfroF4n_vEjTs

2. Extract and install E22TVH - don’t run it yet as we need to download the channel list first.

3. Download your desired Enigma2 channel list - you can easily find them on Google.

4. Extract the downloaded list and place it in easily reachable location ie. Desktop
    Below you can find a screenshot with what files should be in downloaded archive.

NOTE: E22TVH app is a little but buggy and it likes to throw errors if you won’t do the steps fast enough.
If you’ll end up with crashed app or “Run-time error 53”, just try again :slight_smile:

1. Run E22TVH app, type in your CE box IP address and change the password. Default is coreelec.

1. Select From File on the right and point it to the directory where you extracted your Enigma2 list. Next select lamedb file and open it.

2. E22TVH will start doing it’s magic, but at the end you WILL get error Validation not OK! and Run-time error 53 - THIS IS FINE!!!
    The tool already did what it should do and we no longer need it!

1. Now go to your C:\ drive and find directory called tmpE22TVH. Inside of it you’ll find 2 directories : channel and input.

1. Open your FTP/SFTP app and connect to your box. Go to the .kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42 or .kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend44 location.

2. MAKE A BACKUP OF THE CONTENTS OF THE WHOLE TVHEADEND CONFIGURATION DIRECTORY in case if something goes wrong. If you will skip this step and something goes wrong - you can loose your TVH configuration.

3. Delete the existing channel directory on your box and upload a new one in its place.

4. input directory is a little bit different as inside of it, under dvb/networks/<your-network-id>/, you’ll find a file called config which keeps your network configuration. I suggest leaving this file as it is and just delete the muxes directory and uploading new muxes in its place.
    The updated muxes directory is really all you need here.

5. Restart your CE box.

6. Do the Force Scan of muxes by going to TVH dashboard in the browser at http://<your-box-ip>:9981 and navigating to the Configuration -> DVB Inputs -> Networks. Here select your network and click on the Force Scan. This will make sure that TVH knows about all new, changed or deleted muxes.

Extra Step - In Kodi go to the Settings > PVR & Live TV configuration and in General select Clear Data. This will reload the whole channel list and groups from TVH into Kodi.

At first this guide might seem like a lot of things to do, but when you do it once or twice, you’ll see that if you know the steps - it shouldn’t take you longer than 5 minutes (besides waiting for the mux scan to finish).

Hope this helps some folks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a native Linux application to do this?

It’s possible to use the channel list from the Enigma2 (bouquet) directly on tvheadend … No need to convert

1 Like

How do you do that? Can you please help me because i need to update my chanel list and i try that app and dont work for me

fellas I’ve been struggling for a few hours now and the list doesn’t come out right, either it doesn’t sort the channels, or the channels don’t work, or kodi doesn’t see the channels for me, something is always wrong.
I heard about the possibility to import bouquet directly from tvheadend level, will any of you suggest how to do it ?
Thank you for your help.

I create a file with entries like this

#NAME My Free To Air Bouquet
#DESCRIPTION – List All Channels –

#DESCRIPTION BBC One SE HD
#SERVICE 1:0:1:1B13:802:2:11A0000:0:0:0

#DESCRIPTION BBC Two HD
#SERVICE 1:0:1:1B1C:802:2:11A0000:0:0:0

#DESCRIPTION BBC Three HD
#SERVICE 1:0:1:1B27:802:2:11A0000:0:0:0
(you should be able to get this from the E2 machine)

and in Tvheadend Configuration - Channel/EPG - Bouquets
use Add and put in the path to the saved file in the form
file://
That is the biggest part.

Make sure that in Kodi PVR settings you have set that it should use the channel numbers from the PVR provider - TVH in your case and also when you go into PVR menu, hit the left button once and select which group it should display there.