CoreELEC 19.1-Matrix Discussion

Same here, AirPlay is broken.

@robcast @m007850
Can you please try it with Kodi 19.1 on Windows or Ubuntu? It looks like this feature is included directly in Kodi, not a extra addon, isn’t it?

Is Plex media server running thro Docker working for anyone? I have an SD setup that I just can’t get to work with any reliability. I’m currently unable to access the web page again after I had to remove and reinstall. Stuck with 9.2. nightly 20210425 on emmc (which is brilliant chaps) unless I can get it working.

I’m asking so as not to waste my time if this is something that developers are aware of.

Thank you for replying! It’s built into Kodi, but after updating from RC4 to the latest version it fails with:

2021-05-15 16:50:56.990 T:9338  ERROR <general>: Init: Error creating demuxer
2021-05-15 16:50:56.990 T:9338  ERROR <general>: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file pipe://2/
2021-05-15 16:50:56.990 T:9338  WARNING <general>: PAPlayer::QueueNextFileEx - Failed to create the decoder`

You need to try on another platform with 19.1
If it also fails there it’s a Kodi issue, not CE.

My bad! Tried it with 19.1 on macOS and it indeed doesn’t work. I’ll hop over to the Kodi forums!

Edit:

If anyone is looking for a workaround, opkg install shairport-sync-mini does the trick if you’re using alsa. If you’re using pulseaudio (i.e. a bluetooth speaker) then it gets a bit trickier, but if anyone’s interested I’ll post instructions for getting it to work.

3 Likes

Issue should be now fixed. If anyone could confirm it would be nice.

I can confirm it auto updated to 19.1 without issue.

1 Like

Auto update wasn’t affected, only manual update was.

Huh, well, clean install of 19.1 RC4, manual update to 19.1 stable, also without issue.

2 Likes

I think the “Delay after change of refresh rate” setting is no longer working on my ODROID N2+

Same here. Airplay is not working on aVim3l any more after upgrading from RC4 to 19.1
Airplay device is seen, but no audio output.

After downgrading, it worked again…

It hasn’t been working for quite some time here. But I have no idea when it stopped working… maybe since the update to Matrix.

Updated yesterday from 9.2.7 to 19.1 on Minix U22-XJ. Everything looks ok, except for one thing… SKINS.
It seems there is no skins support at all.
Any idea when we might see skin support?

What do you mean by Skin Support? There are about half a dozen skins in the official repo and others available from third-parties.

Does anyone else find all the Coreelec v19.x are extremely sluggish running off microSD? I think there may be some driver issue with the microSD card reader? The exact same microSD card i used with Coreelec Leia runs extremely well. However, installing Corelec 19.x on it have lots of pauses, hangs and restarts with just browsing around. If I stay on one TV show and watches the episodes then it is fine. The issue I think is when the system reads the images and such to cache which causes pauses/hangs or restart.

I have a generic S905x box. I only use LAN on it so wifi/BT does not really matter but having a working microSD is the bare minimum.

Absolutely not. Try another card or USB pendrive and try again. It’s lightning fast on my end.

Not at all. But i still swapped for emmc :wink:
Have you tried another, fast card?

AFAIK uSD card is not in use once Kodi finishes booting; it then runs from memory, so speed of the uSD card should not be any obstacle for error free Kodi usage.
I think that uSD speed is only critical when Kodi reads or writes to it, that is during boot/shutdown and reading/writing to some library…

Hi CoreELEC Team, Image freezes on some channels.Actually, this bug has been around for a long time. It was also present in previous releases.My device is GT King Pro + USB TBS5520SE
The video recording does not have this error.The error occurs in close-up scenes of the camera.It occurs in sd channels in mpeg2 format.

1 Like