CoreELEC 19.1-Matrix Discussion

OK… this is like pulling teeth… could give me a little more info please?

What is the limitation?

I’m just trying to understand.

CoreELEC team decided not to support two versions of Linux and Kodi because it is just too much work. That’s why old system are not supported anymore with Kodi Matrix.

OK great. Thanks. Now I understand. :slight_smile:

1 Like
  • Add an option to allow playing DTS-HD as LPCM
  • Kodi: add option to disable DTS-HD Core fallback

Where are those options?

2 Likes

I noticed the same thing. Waiting for them to fix the download link…

Will this version support on T95M box ? I am trying to install it New , followed the installation guide its not booting to coreELEC - stuck on Startup screen , using gxl_p212_2g version from device tree .

I don’t think enough people have reported the problem. Devs probably don’t know about it.

Devs are aware of the issue which is in CoreELEC settings addon itself.

Until fix is made manual update with wget is needed:

cd /storage/.update
rm -f CoreELEC-Amlogic-*.tar
wget https://github.com/CoreELEC/CoreELEC/releases/download/19.1-Matrix/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.1-Matrix.tar

Or use automatic update which works fine.

Same here, AirPlay is broken.

@robcast @m007850
Can you please try it with Kodi 19.1 on Windows or Ubuntu? It looks like this feature is included directly in Kodi, not a extra addon, isn’t it?

Is Plex media server running thro Docker working for anyone? I have an SD setup that I just can’t get to work with any reliability. I’m currently unable to access the web page again after I had to remove and reinstall. Stuck with 9.2. nightly 20210425 on emmc (which is brilliant chaps) unless I can get it working.

I’m asking so as not to waste my time if this is something that developers are aware of.

Thank you for replying! It’s built into Kodi, but after updating from RC4 to the latest version it fails with:

2021-05-15 16:50:56.990 T:9338  ERROR <general>: Init: Error creating demuxer
2021-05-15 16:50:56.990 T:9338  ERROR <general>: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file pipe://2/
2021-05-15 16:50:56.990 T:9338  WARNING <general>: PAPlayer::QueueNextFileEx - Failed to create the decoder`

You need to try on another platform with 19.1
If it also fails there it’s a Kodi issue, not CE.

My bad! Tried it with 19.1 on macOS and it indeed doesn’t work. I’ll hop over to the Kodi forums!

Edit:

If anyone is looking for a workaround, opkg install shairport-sync-mini does the trick if you’re using alsa. If you’re using pulseaudio (i.e. a bluetooth speaker) then it gets a bit trickier, but if anyone’s interested I’ll post instructions for getting it to work.

3 Likes

Issue should be now fixed. If anyone could confirm it would be nice.

I can confirm it auto updated to 19.1 without issue.

1 Like

Auto update wasn’t affected, only manual update was.

Huh, well, clean install of 19.1 RC4, manual update to 19.1 stable, also without issue.

2 Likes

I think the “Delay after change of refresh rate” setting is no longer working on my ODROID N2+

Same here. Airplay is not working on aVim3l any more after upgrading from RC4 to 19.1
Airplay device is seen, but no audio output.

After downgrading, it worked again…