CoreELEC 19.1-Matrix Discussion

I use Odroid C4 and SanDisk Extreme PRO V30 microSD and it works great.

Box x96 s905x 1G, microSDXC 64GB SAMSUNG EVO PLUS Class 10,UHS-I,U3,60MB/s,100MB/s.
Matrix is slower than Leia.

Hi folks,

Looking to update my Ki-Pro internal install from Coreelec 9.2.7 to 19.1-Matrix.
I found out Ki-Pro is not supported by “ceemmc” for single boot, and installtointernal doesn’t exist on “ng” builds.

Perhaps a naive question but will a “tar” update from Coreelec 9.2.7 to 19.1-Matrix work?

Thanks…

PS, the installtointernal script worked fine on pre-NG Coreelec builds allthough it was never officially supported.
Has anyone unofficially tried it on Matrix?

Hello,
Today I found a lot of errors in kodi.log. I’m curious what is this and can it be fixed?

There is a log file: hastebin - afudacalad (kodi.tv)

Thanks in advance.

Maybe fixed in Python 3.8.10.
Python 3.8 is much more buggy than 2.7… :frowning:

Hmm… maybe you are right, I found that bug report: Issue 38501: multiprocessing.Pool hangs atexit (and garbage collection sometimes) - Python tracker and it says it is fixed.

Also I found that: script.module.metadatautils/utils.py at master · kodi-community-addons/script.module.metadatautils · GitHub here it is imported. Is it possible it is caused by metadatautils addon?

I think I did not install it last time I used Arctic Zephyr 2 and I did not see that errors. Yesterday I reinstalled CE and tried Arctic Zephyr 2 skin one more time but this time I installed required addons manually, among others metadatautils.

Is python updated with Kodi or CE itself? How long we should wait until it will be fixed, how you think? :slight_smile: and is this error problematic or I can ignore it?

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

I have CE v9.2.7 installed on a microSD card. Apart from some occasional video freezing, it works well. If I install Matrix v19.1 on a different SD card, will the 2 be interchangeable so that I can instantly return to 9.2.7 if 19.1 doesn’t work out for me?

My box is a Ugoos AM6 Plus.

Previously (v9.x) when I went into skins in the kodi menu I had an option to search/download other skins. With 19.1 I have no such option.

Are you telling me that YOU have such an option on your 19.1 installation? If so, how did you get it?

Ok, never mind. I have figured it out, but had to do an internet search and spend a lot of time to find a solution. There really should be an easier way. I never had this problem with previous versions of kodi.

Go to Add-ons, Download, Look and Feel, Skin. And you will see some.

Settings - Interface - Skin - Get more.

It’s not really rocket science. At least Confluence, Aeon Nox Silvo, Arctic Zephyr and Estuary Mod V2 Matrix are available.

2 Likes

Will issue with Librespot and Wi-Fi connection be fixed?

For Librespot no one work on it so it works (or not) like before.
Don’t know for wifi connection.

The problem is when you set power off timer on your TV nad box will be turned off by this timer after some time, after turning on your box, wi-fi will be disconnected. It’s not a big deal now, I found that I can set power off timer in CE and power off my box with it. However there is still an issue :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course there is on issue, when Librespot is not installed.

Can confirm, using also Odroid N2 plus and
“Delay after change of refresh rate” is not working.

@adompowe , @flash3d
Fixed in nightly builds

3 Likes

For people using NFS: Switching to matrix gave me major buffer issues with high bit rate 4k movies. Same movies worked perfect with Leia. Switched to Samba and all is perfect again.

Was using NFS from my Windows 10 pc.
Prefer samba cause it’s native Windows.

Ps tried changing buffer size but didn’t help.

Is the question really that difficult to answer?

No problems here whatsoever using NFS with windows 10.

No and yes, you can change cards. Just be aware that latest Ugoos firmware can cause problems with CE booting.

Yes, of course you can instantly return to your previous state, if you switch SD-Cards. Previous state means that exact state, when you switched cards. Every setting you changed in Matrix, you have to change again in Leia. Also, your watched media is not synchronized between Versions without 3rd party add-ons.