CoreELEC 19.2-Matrix_rc1 Discussion

I don’t know if it is of any value but using last nights nightly I did discover that Crackle would no longer play any content until I replaced widevine 4.10.2252.0 with 4.10.1679.0.

Because whole support for new libwidevine 4.10.2252.0 was removed in the build.

In my image this is again restored because we found one solution which could be useful. But only you users can confirm that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Updated with the dev image and noticed that widevine was still at 4.10.1679.0, so manually updated to 4.10.2252.0 and all seems well so far. Crackle is working with the new version too.

2 Likes

yes netflix is ​​working now.

After another few hours of testing, things are rock solid.

4 hours running. No restarts

Had the player running for about 8 hours last night on the latest buil;d. No Kodi restarts.
Thanks

I have been running continuously for 4 days straight (widevine) on a N2 using the 31-5 revoked image. CDM version x x.1610.0. No issues.

The origin of this issue is not clear to me at all, but I understand a possible solution is on the way. I will just keep it as-is until then :wink:

I’ve also been running my N2 with the 31-5 revoked image without issues for a couple of days. I’m not using Amazon, Netflix, etc. or widevine at all though.

But if you keep this way you don’t help us. Because old implementation will not be used in the future.

Anyway, here is second try. Please anyone use this version so we can close the issue soon.

cd /storage/.update
megadl https://mega.nz/file/XUh0GDCC#HiDR9_8EM6RTUN-gqzsm4z5mO15_Eg2bc_p_JpRk-Ro
sync
reboot

I was actually thinking the same thing after posting :wink:
I will update (on another machine) as soon as i have the chance and report back.

1 Like

I have updated on a C4. Now running vpeter coreelec :wink:

After boot i checked widevine version. Still the old one (.1610). Plays fine.

Then i stopped the stream and manually updated the widevine .so to version 4.10.2252.0. checked through helper app, shows this version.

Started a widevine stream which plays fine so far.
I will keep this version running. Let me know if I can test something.

Atreyu

Ps: i did notice that with this version, a reboot through ssh causes the tv to turn off. I have to get the tv remote to turn it on and sometimes even then screen stays black.

I assume some unrelated issue. Build made today only has different approach to running NF and should not interfere with reboot. But something to check in the future.

Weird. Never had that happen in any previous version. Ever. And it’s consistent.

Anyway, just been trying to get a widevine stream not playing, which one at first actually didn’t and it offerd to install a ‘newer’ version, which is just the old one. Second time around this didn’t happen and all streams happily play with the 2252 ver.

1 Like

Updated to the second try and all seems well so far.

I tried reboot through SSH to see what happens and the TV stays on for me.

Must be an issue with my particular setup (?)
Will just ignore for now…

1 Like

Tried one thing that worked :slight_smile:

Setting ‘devices to also put in standby mode’ in system-input-peripherals was enabled. I disabled it which stopped the tv from going into standby when a reboot was executed through ssh.

1 Like

Installed the linked version. Netflix plays without issue using the latest widevine (4.10.2252.0).

S905x - X96 2/16 (Android 7.1.2 bootloader).

Left it to play a movie and 1 hour and 30 minutes later it was still playing.

Two things of note for my feedback:

1. This box has never thrown the random Kodi restart issues on playback of any content, local or netflix.
  2. I’m only playing 720p content as the TV this box is attached to is an old but trustworthy 720p Panny in a spare room.
1 Like

Danke funktioniert auf a95 max s905X2
thx

We are back on line with tomorrow nightly. The Kodi crashes should be past. Widevine 4.10.2252.0 should be supported as well. Please update tomorrow and test and report back that we can come closer to a 19.2-Matrix_rc2 release, thank you.

2 Likes