CoreELEC 19.3 Matrix install to emmc

Is install to emmc not supported on CoreELEC 19.3 Matrix?

I tried following the install to emmc guide for Le Potato but the command “lepotatotoemmc” doesn’t work. It says command not found.

Maybe the the install guide should be edited to let people know that it doesn’t work with CoreELEC 19.3 Matrix.

This looks like an oversight when bringing the LePotato to the Amlogic-ng builds that this script didn’t get included in those builds and just nobody noticed when this happened way back during that development.

It is possible and is supported to install on the emmc module on the Le Potato, The nice script to help you just isn’t there or tested. Will look into resolving this soon. Though I just moved into a new place on the 1st, and still getting unpacked and setup so soon might not be right away.

1 Like

Meanwhile maybe try this:

Please let me know if it works. Good luck and thank you :+1:

1 Like

Just checking back in to let you guys know that the suggestion above worked and I was able to install to emmc.

Thanks to all that helped make it happen.

1 Like

Thank you. The workaround has been added to the documentation.

after following several different directions, here is the my collected tutorial to help others. updating the wiki to include the use of “.nocompat” and using the NON-NG file for emmc then updating with NG version along with file would help others. ALL files i used were the lepotato specific variants.

use the 9.2.8 NON-NG (new installation) lepotato version of coreelec for initial installation to emmc

Install CoreELEC to a microSD card as normal.
Boot LePotato with just your microSD inserted.
Attach the eMMC module when you see the boot logo telling you to do so (i use a small piece of double sided mounting adhesive to keep it in place, and just use my fingernail to remove and then pinch it back in place.).
When CoreELEC is booted, SSH into your devices IP address (un: root pw: coreelec) and type the following command.
lepotatotoemmc
you may have to repeat this whole process twice (i and others have had to).
After the script has finished, you can power off your LePotato and remove the microSD, you should now have CoreELEC installed on the eMMC module.

update to lepotato NG version of 9.2.8 (update) by creating a file “.nocompat” and putting it in the update folder along with the update img.
once updated, go into settings>coreelec>system, reset to default, then reset coreelec to defaults.

from here you can update like regular

you could probably skip the initial 9.2.8 NG and go straight to current without resetting, but i and others have gotten weird issues. this felt the safest way for me.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.