CoreELEC 19.4-Matrix_rc2 Discussion

Thanks. Just trying to help.

For now I will stay on RC1 of my SD card. I have tried two other new installs of RC2 on other SD cards and same exact issue.
The workaround for now, which I am not using, would be to use USB stick with RC2 installed as that is flawless.

I have a S905X3 box that I just upgraded from 19.3 to 19.4_rc2. Now whenever it’s outputting 2160p, all of the UI–including subtitles–is weirdly blurry/pixelated, kind of like interlacing artifacts. The actual 4K video looks perfect, it’s just the UI that suffers.

Motoviper, you can try to use ceeemc. But as always you have to be prepared to reflash Android in case something goes wrong.

You could try to enable Disable GUI scaling in CE settings

I tried that, but as I understand it’s still very experimental. For me, it just displays the whole UI in the top-left quarter of the screen, leaving the rest of the screen blank.

For quarter display issue follow this instruction

It’s working feature but GUI interface could be slowly and boot logo could be distorted if you use native 4K GUI(not while watching)
But thank you for issue, we will check… I could repeat it when scaling used.

Thanks. I have switched back to 19.3 for now.

I have same issue. 19.3 upgraded to 19.4 RC2

How did you downgrade? I replaced kerrnel.img and SYSTEM of 19.3, but not works.
Pls, help me!

Thx

You should also replace dtb file. if you have not booting box issue.
What issue and what box do you have?
If you have scaling issue then just normal update is possible
https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:updates

I have exactly the same problem. UI elements look blurry as hell when playing anything 4K. It wasn’t like this with 19.4-Matrix_rc1. I’m also using a S905X3 box (X96 Max+).

Hi All,

just wanted to share my test results:

19.3: works flawlessly with every file
19.4 RC2: very slow player, no image and sound cuts

With 19.4 RC2 I have the exact same behavior as I had with Nightlies:

I’m on N2+ 4Go with CE on SD Card.

Could you try clean install for 19.4 RC2 on some different USB/SD card for test and don’t attach external devices if exist?
We couldn’t repeat it on N2 or N2+
If it doesn’t work, then collect full log.
If it works, then plug devices until you repeat this issue.

It looks like locked decoder… but don’t know reason for this.

Ok, not sure I can test it soon but I’ll let you know if I can.
I actually have external devices connected to usb: wifi dongle 5B and 1To HDD

Is it recommend to unplug all the devices when performing a clean install of CE?
Thanks

Just updated from 19.3 on Odroid N2. I can’t get Tvheadend to work. It seems something to do with the Addon. Coreelec repo shows as 19.4 but Tvheadend 4.2 only shows as 19.3.125. If I run check for updates, kodi restarts after some time but nothing is found.

Can anyone help me with the way forward on this? I’ve deleted packages and the coreelec repo from Kodi/addons to no effect when trying to check for updates.

Reverting to 19.3 for now

No, it’s just to be sure…
As you tried different images then I think we could exclude broken file.
Or it’s some hw check failed that was ignored before in old kernel.

If crazycat doesn’t work then you need to uninstall crazycat addon, reboot, refresh ce repo, install crazycat addon.

I have tried this but can’t update ce repo. I checked for addon updates and the screen has been on 0%for about 20 mins. In info the repo is 19.4 and it says there are no updates available if I select versions. If I try to use the repo to update crazycat or Tvheadend 4.2, (showing version 19.3.125 as the latest version) i get a message 'Installing the addon from zip file located at… failed due to an invalid structure.

Sorry but I’ve run out of tinkering time for today. If you could give me any other clues, I’ll pick them up tomorrow. Reverting to 19.3 again now.

I’m also back to 19.3. 19.4 (nightlies and RC) seems to have lip sync issues and I’ve had issues with getting the TV to change res and into HDR upon starting a file. Stopping and restarting gets it working. 19.3 is spot on.

1 Like

My Odroid N2 updated to 19.4 rc2 today from rc1, and now I am getting strange artifacting when fast-forwarding any MPEG 2 files recorded from 1080i OTA TV broadcasts when using hardware acceleration. There is also a occasional artifacting during normal speed playback. The upper 20% of the video looks normal, but below that the video is unstable.

Please upload some 3-5 minutes file sample for test