CoreELEC 19.4-Matrix_rc3 Discussion

In my case I’ve found the occasional microstuttering was due to the subtitles. The best workaround I’ve found so far is to put in advancedsettings.xml:

<gui>    
  <algorithmdirtyregions>0</algorithmdirtyregions>
</gui>

You’ll still get one stutter the first time a subtitled is displayed, but from thereafter it’s smooth sailing.

Installed using update file on Minix u22-xj and everything works fine. (The only weird thing with this update was a strange boot immediately after the install (felt like a crash), usually update installs fine and boot into coreelec so not sure about this mysterious boot, scared for a second but all works after that first boot crash).

Thanks Coreelec team for providing this free software and giving another life to useless boxes like minix u22-xj

1 Like

Lip sync issues on N2. Been widely reporting, seems on and off between releases. Nightly 1502 was fine then after that it reappeared and is in RC3. 19.3 is fine. I’ll just stay on that. I assume it’s just dtb fun and games.

Debug log required and enable cec components logging.
May be something visible there

Hello,
tl;dr: remote control doesn’t work with Mecool M8S Pro Plus.
I am trying to switch from LibreELEC to CoreELEC on my Mecool M8S Pro Plus 2GB. I wrote the CoreELEC image to an SD card and copied the device tree, which in this case I think should be “gxl_p212_2g”, to the root of the SD card and renamed it “dtb.img”. I then booted the Mecool box with the CoreELEC card, and while CoreELEC does boot, I can not use the remote that came with the Mecool. The remote did work with LibreELEC, and it worked before CoreELEC started capturing the input (ie. it could turn on the device). There is an indicator on the remote that shows that it’s transmitting and there’s power in the batteries.
What can I do to make the remote work like it did in LibreELEC?

Edit: I used a USB keyboard to fill out the start-up wizard, but in the “available networks” list there was nothing, so I just hit next. Now, in Settings > CoreELEC > Connections there is also nothing. It seems like my Wifi device is not being recognized or something. Help?

Remote:

Not working WLAN:

You also please run nightly 20211222 and then open a SSH connection and give us the output of:

fw_printenv

Hi, how can i debug, why kodi.bin cause a 100% CPU load after watching the movie? I did not founded any errors in kodi.log after enabling debug log. After restart in idle cpu load is 5-10%.
Please help.

Still the same problem: CE waking up the TV at random times day and night, or at least switching to itself as source if the TV is already on. It then presents the RC3 changelog/welcome overlay, as before with RC2.
Last time when I finally got rid of the RC2 changelog/welcome screen, it just showed the main menu or (sometimes) just black screen.

CEC started to work correctly on some TV’s starting from RC2.
You need to switch off it on box and TV to not use it or correctly configure and exclude rules to wake up box or switch on active source.
As for changelog screen… You need to shutdown box once correctly and you don’t receive this changelog screen on next reboot/start.

@Feromon, some active elements in GUI could cause high CPU usage.
Also after video stops some addons could update their data, EPG could be updated and etc…
Clean install and installing addons again one by one could show you who eats CPU.

I am not sure I understand. “switch off it on box and TV to not use it or correctly configure and exclude rules to wake up box or switch on active source”?
I already switched off basically ALL the CEC wakeup/standby settings (despite of the fact that I would like to use some of them).
It looks like I need to shutdown the box correctly at least twice, not just once, to get rid of the changelog screen forever.
OK, let’s try again…

Any idea to help me ?

Kodi is unusable.

You haven’t provided any log. You can try a fresh install from a uSD card and see if the problem occurs. I own a GT King and didn’t have any problem with it with this update.

The Problem exist after disabling all addons. High CPU load remainig until reboot.

Make fresh install on SD card/USB stick and repeat issue there. Without installing any addons. Then install addon by addon to find out which one is the problem. Because probably it is one addon.

@Ben1102 please use your last running nightly, update with this tar:

After the update please exchange your dtb.img with the new g12b_s922x_minix_u22xj_max_rev_a.dtb.

log-2022-02-21-15.40.13.zip (294.2 KB)

I must add that I changed skin to original kodi skin and problem are same.
last test, kodi works 5 mn and freezes (sometimes black screen when video runs).
restarted 50 secondes later without rebooting and do that many times.

Problem when navigating in menus or listening music.
type of action is not the cause but using system seems to be it.

For you it is the same as here

Because of multiple crashes, I have to reinstall everything. :-(((