CoreELEC 19 Matrix Discussion (Kodi RC)

I put the nightly on yesterday. It seems to be working fine. I haven’t tested everything.

I put the nightly file in my .update directory and rebooted. That took a few minutes for the database stuff. After it booted, it complained about a few add-ons that weren’t compatible. That was expected. I added the new ones from the nightly repo and got them working.

The main one I was concerned with was TVHeadend client. The new version worked fine. That’s just the front end as the back end is on my server and wasn’t touched at all.

It did rescan my music directory. That took a little while, but it was done in the background. The music seems to play fine. I added the new visualisations and they work.

The weather add-on (Yahoo! I think) isn’t there. That isn’t a big deal. I tend to be inside if I’m watching the TV anyway, :grinning:

I had some episodic type videos that have been problematic. Any pausing, fast-forwarding, or rewinding would freeze them. They are behaving much better on the nightly. I don’t think they were encoded very well to begin with.

@Portisch already testing, so far, so good, but it has been like that on any build after fresh install. i will try to reproduce what i did and let you know.

well, installed few addons, keymapedit, skin.aeon.nox.silvo, pvr.hts, pvr.iptvsimple and gizmeteo, survived few reboots just fine. than finishing setup with tweaking the settings and after following reboot, the issue is back. well, probably have to change setting one by one, only then reboot, to try to pinpoint what might be the problem. auch :frowning:

The next major version of CoreELEC using Matrix will be released as a stable release after three things happen.

1. Team kodi releases the final Kodi 19 Matrix
  2. All the features that the CoreELEC team want added in the next release are added.
  3. The CoreELEC developers consider it to be stable (this requires sufficient user feedback so that we can feel confident that nothing big bad and ugly has been missed)

None of the above really act on a predictable schedule, and until all 3 items are true the stable builds will remain on the 9.2 branch.

7 Likes

Looks like it happen here to with your backup. Need to take a closer look what currently happen.

1 Like

Hi,

Do we have any news about the new HDR2SDR algorithms in Matrix? Will be included in a future release or they are not in the plans?

N2 device…

Thank you for the amazing job!

1 Like

it looks like related to a addon, will check which one

1 Like

Minix u22. Dunno exactly there is only one. Mine was a Christmas gift from my dear friend @Portisch.

@Portisch can you send me also this device pls?

1 Like

it’s the addon service.library.data.provider and pvr.hts , need to check why this addon crash Kodi

Get in line…

1 Like

interesting that not for others. i am sure they use it as well. might be combination with unstable version of tvh?

I just checked your used addon service.library.data.provider, its a fork from here: mikesilvo164/service.library.data.provider.
When I just install the ZIP: Kodi freeze.

So your issue is solved in my point of view, please contact the addon developer about the issues, thank you.

1 Like

well done, one of the most popular skins actually that is included in standard repositories included even in your builds. will continue testing with estuary… thanks

And the line is long :smile:

The only thing I can say is that I use tvh client with matrix in 4 different devices and I have zero problems.

lol, i proved to be a noob. logs do not lie :slight_smile:
@Portisch @Vascobraga thanks for solving this

Just in curiosity: Do the Matrix Nightlies contain the same improvements as the 9.25 nightlies?

Not sure if it has been asked before but are there any fixes for the TrueHD stuttering/dropouts in CoreELEC 19 or is this still dependent on the Kodi/ffmpeg issue?

Continuing the discussion from CoreELEC 19 Matrix Discussion:

Hi, i have Beelink GT1 mini. Instalation on sd card ok. USB 2.0 port not working.

Ok., thank you!