CoreELEC 20.0-Nexus_alpha2 Discussion

I have the same issue
But only on a X96 x3 Box with 4Gb Ram
On my other boxes (x2 4Gb, x2 2Gb,922 4Gb, X3 2Gb) there is no problem

I think somethig is wrong with sm1_s905x3_4g.dtb and
sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit since 19.5-Matrix_rc2

I can confirm that using sm1_s905x3_4g.dtb from 19.5_rc1 release with latest CE20 nightly, the issue is solved.

More precisely, it works reverting this commit.

The distorted splash on boot?

Yes, though I’m not sure it’s a distorted image.

I wish I could get past the migrating addons screen. I have waited over 30 minutes, with the actively moving 3 dots scrolling along (so its till working), after restoring my Tanix X4 Matrix 19.5 rc2 build of some 20 or 30 commonly used addons on my X4 box.

How long do I need to wait or should I just pull the plug as the shut down button on remote does not work at this stage.

Yes it was stuck I needed to SSH into the box and issue a reboot command. Found this in an old topic back with migrating addons to CoreELEC 8 would you believe. Quite an obvious logical solution. Found one addon was incomparable and disabled and that was the RAR Archive addon which I see I can now update to a latest compatible with Nexus working version.

So almost all is running nicely on my Tanix X4 with the latest nightly build of 29th August. However, I have found ( and the same with 19.5 rc2) that on this Tanix X4 box my IPTV service buffers a lot whereas it does not with 19.5 rc2 on my Tanix TX5 Deluxe S905X3 box. Maybe it is because the X4 only has a standard100MB LAN port whereas the TX5 Deluxe has a gigabit port. Though surely the KODI speed test on my X4 shows between 60 and 90 Mbps which should be fast enough for streaming FHD IPTV live and catchup too. Anyone got any ideas on this one ??

All else streams fine on the X4 box in KODI and IPTV is okay when run in Android so the LAN port is fine but maybe the LAN Ethernet drivers in latest CoreELEC are not quite right ???.

Latest nigthly 20220831 has a fix for listing samba shares. Can someone try to list them just by using \\IP-address to see if list of shares comes up?

Yes, it works
Thank you

1 Like

Yes, great samba is working.
Thanks…

1 Like

Thanks for reporting. Long time needed for this fix :frowning:

3 Likes

Files with M3U extension cannot be read.

Thanks for reporting. Long time needed for this fix

thank you now i can use again my arm test device :slight_smile:

In what way?

The M3U extension in the Storage/Videos folder does not work…It does not make any action when you press the arrow button

Sorry, don’t understand what you mean.
And did it work before? If yes then looks like some Kodi bug.

Yes, kodi error

Twitch app on kodi nexus latest nightly crashes kodi as soon as i play a stream. i don’t know if this is a kodi or twitch app issue but i suspect its because of twitch adds.

Please continue here: CoreELEC 20.0-Nexus_alpha3 Discussion