CoreELEC 20.0-Nexus_beta1 Discussion

Please use this thread for general CoreELEC 20.0-Nexus_beta1 discussion

Before posting an error please follow these troubleshooting steps.

2 Likes

Do you support update from CoreELEC Matrix to Nexus?

It’s supported but not recommended. You can introduce unknown effect while migrate to new Kodi version. So so might try it out and if it works, ok. If you see any issue it’s better to start a new installation.

Like we have seen issue migrate the PVR EPG data from Matrix to Nexus and a manual delete of all Epg*.db in userdata is needed. Otherwise the EPG data will be empty in GUI after a short time.

update went fine (i made a backup of course)
had to update many addons manually but thats no problem.
only VNC i cant get working. it says “password check failed” on vnc Client.
there are no password settings on vnc server addon on coreelec side…
so whats wrong here?

Looks like this addon need some changes and I will take care of it.

In the mean time go to addon settings and change second option Remote path to false. Then stop and start addon and it will work without password.

1 Like

There was a PVR database migration bug in Nexus itself for a while and it was kind of a hidden PR too [PVR] CPVREpgDatabase::CreateEpgTag - Re-add accidentally removed code. by ksooo · Pull Request #20442 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub because of how it was reverted, so EPG*.db updates work again.

Ok, thx. This was the only issue I had when restored a backup from Amlogic-ng.

thank you very much - this works!

I deleted these files. maybe i did not need to - but better save than sorry - EPG is working fine.

Yesterday I compiled CoreELEC 20 BATE1 with KryptonLee/e900v22c-CoreELEC!

WIFI and bluetooth can be used normally

The command ./build cannot be compiled, I can compile it with ./build.sh

As for the difference, I am not very clear, because I am not very familiar with liunx

Thanks

With beta1 hostname resolution seems to have some problem.
I have a shared HD through SMB connected to main router, IP 192.168.1.1, and with beta1 some 35.x.y.z IP is found for that hostname, while going back to alpha3 things work properly (relevant hostname is resolved as 192.168.1.1).
Had to set manually in /storage/.config/hosts.conf to get it working.

I’ve recently updated CE19.4rc2 to 20.0b1. Except for the known PVR EPG bug, I’ve noticed that one particular addon (namely Hyperion.NG) struggels to load properly. I’ve tried all available versions - from 20.0.107 to 20.0.110 and they all seem to throw the same error in console:
hyperiond: error while loading shared libraries: libpython3.11.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Try to update to CoreELEC nightly builds

If i update via putting the tar file to the /storage/.update/ folder, I can’t via SSH afterwards.

If i try to connect, I get the following feedback:

root@192.168.0.100's password: 
##############################################
#                  CoreELEC                  #
#            https://coreelec.org            #
##############################################

CoreELEC (official): 20.0-Nexus_nightly_20221119 (Amlogic-ng.arm)
      Machine model: Hardkernel ODROID-N2Plus
     CoreELEC dt-id: g12b_s922x_odroid_n2plus
      Amlogic dt-id: g12b_w400_b

-sh: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF-8)
Connection to 192.168.0.100 closed.

If i update via the update menu within the coreelec menu to CE 20 beta1 i can connect via SSH without any problem.

But I can’t update nightly versions with that.

Fix ssh with command from CoreELEC 20.0-Nexus_alpha3 Discussion - #127 by vpeter

Thx @vpeter - that did the trick for me!

1 Like

I can confirm that the solution from vpeter has fixed the issue … thanks a lot :slight_smile: