CoreELEC 20.1-Nexus Amlogic-ng Discussion

ORF is working but you need to be in Austria as it’s global protected.

YouTube isn’t working anymore what I know. When it works it is a very large process to get it running.

1 Like

yes… I just succeeded in entering my youtube api key details but it still says “quotaExceeded” - though this api key hasn’t been used in a few months… I guess I need to read up more on this.

I wish it was as easy as it was on the android ROMs… but those sadly only gave me stereo sound which is an absolute no-go for watching movies in my home-cinema…

You shouldn’t have to use the toothpick method each time. From Android did you long press power and click restart?

1 Like

oh, I just assumed that it’s needed every time, thanks for the hint I will try!

Seems like on the X96 Mini s905W. Wifi connectivity has been broken. I can see the networks but can’t connect. Coreelec Nexus 20 and 20.1 does that. But on 19.5 and below WiFi works perfectly. Please look at it

2 Likes

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:ce_support

The same connectivity problem on mxq pro s905w.

2 Likes

Hi there,

I am currently trying to figure out whether I should upgrade from my Ordroid C4 CoreELEC 9.2.8 installation to the new CoreELEC Nexus 20.1 or LibreELEC 11.0.1 versions. If I understand there are still some problems with HEVC playback/skipping on the recent LibreELEC release. Are there any problems like this with the recent CoreELEC release as well or do they not exist due to a different codebase?

Do I understand it correctly that CoreELEC keeps using the more stable 4.9 Linux kernel whereas LibreELEC uses the kernel version 5 or 6 which the rest of the codebase might not have been made to run with smoothly yet. Is that correct or a misunderstanding?

My 9.2.8 runs fairly smooth at the moment, but it would be nice to have more addons to choose from and profit from the Python 3 support that comes with the newer versions of the OS. I could imagine that the old Python 2 addons will also probably stop being updated and stop to work sooner or later. However stability is most important to me and I don’t quite understand if the basic things like playback already work well in the new CoreELEC 20.1. I would be glad if anyone would share their experiences. Does HEVC playback work well? Does the hardware decoding work properly? Are there any issues with skipping? Are there any other bugs despite the release status?

Furthermore I read that the current CoreELEC version will be the last one that will be developed for 905X3 devices like the Odroid C4, so I am tending to switch over to LibreELEC now already for a smoother upgrade later on. I am really satisfied with CoreELEC so I would be glad if the team would continue developing for older SBC like the Odroid devices as well, especially considering the recent price increases of such devices due to the supply chain disruptions. Thanks for your nice work!

I would be happy if some people would share their experiences with the new version, I am sure there are also other people wondering the same thing, so it would be helpful to have some people weigh in on that here so everyone can find the information easily.

Thank you!

1 Like

No, you’re wrong, CE21 will be available for ng devices like the C4. There aren’t any major problems in CoreELEC, it’s pretty stable. Can’t say anything about LE, I don’t use it.

Reverting this commit does restore the xbmc.RenderCapture functionality, which was working in CE19.

What would be the way forward to get this fixed properly? I’m guessing the bandaid solution of just reverting this commit wouldn’t be acceptable?

My C++ is very rusty and I’m not familiar with the codebase but I think I could bumble my way through creating a patch to implement the new GetRenderCapture method for the CRendererAML class.

Of course, in the meantime if someone in the CE team has the time, would appreciate it if this could be looked into :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is it used for?

The RenderCapture interface allows Python addons to capture frames from the currently playing video.

I personally use it in an addon to detect and skip end credits: GitHub - MoojMidge/service.upnext

AM I looking wrong place or no nightly updates since 2 weeks? :star_struck:

https://relkai.coreelec.org/?dir=Amlogic-ng/ce-20
A few days?

But Team Kodi did nothing on Nexus since 20.1 either…

1 Like

Hi,
I’m playing with the WIP shaders support for Retroplayer and I would like to create an experimental build with the shaders on CoreELEC (Amlogic-ng) for testing purposes.

My build currently seems to fail, because the Kodi in CoreELEC is being built with -DHAS_GLES=2 while the current shader support code needs GLES 3. Is there any reason why Kodi is being built with OpenGL ES 2.x only in CoreELEC? The hardware is OpenGL ES 3.2 capable (S922X). How can I change it to build with GLES 3? Are there any known Amlogic specific issues with GLES 3?

FAILED: build/cores/RetroPlayer/shaders/gl/CMakeFiles/rp-shaders-gl.dir/ShaderGL.cpp.o
/.../CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/toolchain/bin/armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -DHAS_NEON -I/root/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/build/kodi-4373de6ad55d7e33d82868ede8f20a3cc7b6c2cd -I/root/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/build/kodi-4373de6ad55d7e33d82868ede8f20a3cc7b6c2cd/lib -I/root/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/build/kodi-4373de6ad55d7e33d82868ede8f20a3cc7b6c2cd/xbmc -I/root/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/build/kodi-4373de6ad55d7e33d82868ede8f20a3cc7b6c2cd/xbmc/platform/linux -I/root/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/build/kodi-4373de6ad55d7e33d82868ede8f20a3cc7b6c2cd/xbmc/cores/VideoPlayer -I/root/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/build/kodi-4373de6ad55d7e33d82868ede8f20a3cc7b6c2cd/.armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabihf/build -I/root/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/build/kodi-4373de6ad55d7e33d82868ede8f20a3cc7b6c2cd/.armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabihf/build/include -I/root/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/build/kodi-4373de6ad55d7e33d82868ede8f20a3cc7b6c2cd/xbmc/platform/posix -isystem /root/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/toolchain/armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabihf/sysroot/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -isystem /root/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/toolchain/armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabihf/sysroot/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include -isystem /root/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/toolchain/armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabihf/sysroot/usr/include/python3.11 -isystem /root/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/toolchain/armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabihf/sysroot/usr/include/samba-4.0 -isystem /root/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/toolchain/armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabihf/sysroot/usr/include/libxml2 -isystem /root/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/build/kodi-4373de6ad55d7e33d82868ede8f20a3cc7b6c2cd/.armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabihf/build/cores/RetroPlayer/messages -isystem /root/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/toolchain/armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabihf/sysroot/usr/include/freetype2 -isystem /root/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/toolchain/armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabihf/sysroot/usr/include/fribidi -isystem /root/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/build/kodi-4373de6ad55d7e33d82868ede8f20a3cc7b6c2cd/xbmc/contrib -isystem /root/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/build/kodi-4373de6ad55d7e33d82868ede8f20a3cc7b6c2cd/depends/include -isystem /root/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/toolchain/armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabihf/sysroot/usr/include/lzo -isystem /root/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/toolchain/armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabihf/sysroot/usr/include/amcodec -march=armv8-a+crc -mtune=cortex-a53 -mabi=aapcs-linux -Wno-psabi -Wa,-mno-warn-deprecated -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon-fp-armv8 -Wall -pipe  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -DNDEBUG -Wdouble-promotion -Wmissing-field-initializers -Wsign-compare -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-cast-function-type -Wnon-virtual-dtor -DDUMMYOPT -flto=4 -fno-fat-lto-objects -DTARGET_POSIX -DTARGET_LINUX -D_GNU_SOURCE -DHAVE_LINUX_DMA_BUF=1 -DHAVE_MKOSTEMP=1 -DHAVE_LINUX_MEMFD=1 -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DHAS_POSIX_NETWORK -DHAS_LINUX_NETWORK -DHAS_BUILTIN_SYNC_ADD_AND_FETCH=1 -DHAS_BUILTIN_SYNC_SUB_AND_FETCH=1 -DHAS_BUILTIN_SYNC_VAL_COMPARE_AND_SWAP=1 -DHAVE_INOTIFY=1 -DHAVE_POSIX_FADVISE=1 -DHAVE_LOCALTIME_R=1 -DHAVE_GMTIME_R=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAS_ALSA=1 -DHAS_AVAHI=1 -DHAS_ZEROCONF=1 -DHAVE_LIBBLURAY=1 -DHAVE_LIBBLURAY_BDJ=1 -DHAVE_LIBCEC=1 -DHAS_DBUS=1 -DHAS_ISO9660PP=1 -DHAS_LIRC=1 -DHAS_WEB_SERVER=1 -DHAS_WEB_INTERFACE=1 -DHAS_FILESYSTEM_NFS=1 -DHAS_NFS_SET_TIMEOUT -DHAS_NFS_MOUNT_GETEXPORTS_TIMEOUT -DHAS_AIRPLAY=1 -DHAS_PULSEAUDIO=1 -DHAS_PYTHON=1 -DHAS_FILESYSTEM_SMB=1 -DHAVE_LIBUDEV=1 -DHAS_UDFREAD=1 -DHAVE_LIBXSLT=1 -DHAVE_NEW_CROSSGUID -DFFMPEG_VER_SHA=\"4.4.1\" -DSPDLOG_FMT_EXTERNAL -DSPDLOG_DEBUG_ON -DSPDLOG_NO_ATOMIC_LEVELS -DSPDLOG_ENABLE_PATTERN_PADDING -DSPDLOG_COMPILED_LIB -DSPDLOG_SHARED_LIB -I/root/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/toolchain/armv8a-libreelec-linux-gnueabihf/sysroot/usr/include -DHAS_GLES=2 -DHAS_LIBAMCODEC=1 -DHAS_LIBAMCODEC_VP9=1 -DHAS_EGL=1 -DHAS_MARIADB=1 -DHAS_UPNP=1 -DHAS_DVD_DRIVE -DHAS_CDDA_RIPPER -DHAS_AIRTUNES=1 -DBIN_INSTALL_PATH=\"/usr/lib/kodi\" -DINSTALL_PATH=\"/usr/share/kodi\" -Werror=double-promotion -Werror=missing-field-initializers -Werror=sign-compare -std=c++17 -MD -MT build/cores/RetroPlayer/shaders/gl/CMakeFiles/rp-shaders-gl.dir/ShaderGL.cpp.o -MF build/cores/RetroPlayer/shaders/gl/CMakeFiles/rp-shaders-gl.dir/ShaderGL.cpp.o.d -o build/cores/RetroPlayer/shaders/gl/CMakeFiles/rp-shaders-gl.dir/ShaderGL.cpp.o -c /root/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/build/kodi-4373de6ad55d7e33d82868ede8f20a3cc7b6c2cd/xbmc/cores/RetroPlayer/shaders/gl/ShaderGL.cpp
/.../CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/build/kodi-4373de6ad55d7e33d82868ede8f20a3cc7b6c2cd/xbmc/cores/RetroPlayer/shaders/gl/ShaderGL.cpp: In member function 'virtual bool KODI::SHADER::CShaderGL::Create(const std::string&, const std::string&, KODI::SHADER::ShaderParameterMap, KODI::SHADER::IShaderSampler*, KODI::SHADER::ShaderLutVec, KODI::SHADER::float2, unsigned int)':
/.../CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/build/kodi-4373de6ad55d7e33d82868ede8f20a3cc7b6c2cd/xbmc/cores/RetroPlayer/shaders/gl/ShaderGL.cpp:90:3: error: 'glGenVertexArrays' was not declared in this scope; did you mean 'glGetVertexAttribiv'?

The glGenVertexArrays() is GLES 3.0 only.

I don’t have this issue in LibreELEC on RK3399, so it seems to be CoreELEC specific.

Solved by adding the GLES3 headers in the opengl-meson package. Compiling now, fingers crossed.

Hi. I did a test. 19.5 works perfectly. 20 and 20.1 has exactly the same issue. Wifi tries to connect. This is during initial setup too. I don’t havean odd password. It’s just 14 numbers
If I get an error it says Input /output error. If I go back to 19.5 there’s no issues. As you can see from the other reply by October it seems to be a S905W issue. Please take a look at it if you get a chance. I really love corelec. It makes a very low end box seem like a top end one. Thanks so much!

1 Like

Hello,
I have an HK1 RBox with Amlogic S905X4 and just installed this version of CoreElec. Everything works fine, except gaming controllers. They are showing as connected, but when I try to set them up via the input setup, they don’t do anything. Mouse and Keyboards works fine, it’s just the controllers (8BitDo, Stadia Controller, Sega Genesis 8button USB from Retro-Bit, etc.) even the USB controllers. I do have all the controllers addons installed. All the controllers work fine under the Android partition.

Any help will be appreciated.

Hi,
I have HK1 RBox with Amlogic S905X4 2Gb 100Mbit - it shows some ugly artefacts if playing some of IPTV streams (I can’t figure out what is the difference, they all seem to be 1080p h264 but different bitrate) - other channels look fine and there are no problems playing content from for instance Netflix. Same problem exists on 19.5 but the 20.1 NE-Build works fine and is not affected (but has other issues that keep me from migration to it). Is it some known bug, that was fixed in NE but cannot be fixed in NG?
this is how the artefacts look like

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:ce_support

Go with Amlogic-ne, Amlogic-ng is EOSD.

1 Like