CoreELEC 20.1-Nexus Amlogic-ng Discussion

Amlogic-ng

Please use this thread for general CoreELEC 20.1-Nexus Amlogic-ng discussion

Before posting an error please follow these troubleshooting steps.

2 Likes

Is S905W still supported? Tried on MXQ Pro (newer variant with S905W) and got not booting or boot very slow. Simple iptv addon does not seem to work, I’m getting “Creating simple iptv addon 0%”, black screen every few seconds and finally after 2-3 minutes system freeze, not reacting to anything

1 Like

It’s not be removed from the officially supported devices wiki yet. Have you tried a clean install. Maybe you have a corrupted SD card.

Clean install on new sd card

This is a great update. The lip sync/stuttering issues are no longer, it’s now basically perfect. Extremely impressive version.

2 Likes

Anyone experiencing wireguard problems lately?

I’ve had intermittent nordvpn issues which uses wireguard but seems to be improving.

well, I had it running well. But somehow a few days ago after a nightly update over the wireguard conection (can’t call date exactly) I seem to be unlucky. wg0 is ready and connected but no internet over wireguard any more. Tried some things like disabling corelec firewall, tried some iptable commands found over google but it won’t work again. Tried another wireguard to connect to another server but that also didn’t help. Stuck here.

I’m having this in kodi.log:

2023-03-20 12:00:40.649 T:3896     info <general>: ## CoreELEC Addon ## system::set_hostname ## CoreELEC
2023-03-20 12:00:40.660 T:3896     info <general>: ## CoreELEC Addon ## system::set_keyboard_layout ## us
2023-03-20 12:00:41.209 T:3896     info <general>: ## CoreELEC Addon ## updates::updateThread ## Started
2023-03-20 12:00:41.210 T:3896     info <general>: ## CoreELEC Addon ## updates::set_auto_update ## manual
2023-03-20 12:00:41.360 T:3896  critical <general>: ## CoreELEC Addon ## hardware::set_cpu_governor ## ERROR: (OSError(22, 'Invalid argument'))
2023-03-20 12:00:41.360 T:3896  critical <general>: OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/home/portisch/CE/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/install_pkg/CoreELEC-settings-fc0ad70728f5ba56e3e19662a94695e35fb1cdca/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.coreelec.settings/resources/lib/modules/hardware.py", line 892, in set_cpu_governor
                                                   OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

2023-03-20 12:00:41.429 T:4019     info <general>: ## CoreELEC Addon ## _service_::run ## WAITING:
2023-03-20 12:00:41.436 T:4018     info <general>: ## CoreELEC Addon ## xdbus Monitor started. ##

The governor is set to performance as it always was.

EDIT:

CoreELEC:~ # cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors
ondemand performance
CoreELEC:~ # cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
performance

So it doesn’t seem to be a kernel issue, the governors are there.

Not sure, just ignore it.
It was reworked on Amlogic-ne but I think it will never be fixed in Amlogic-ng.

The “error” does happen on close the file? There is no argument at all:

You have the folder /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu4... as well?

It is on GT King Pro (S922X rev.b), so the cpu clusters are A53 (cpu0,1) and A73 (cpu2,3,4,5).

P.S. Nevermind, I forgot that I use custom script like this, which probably can cause the issue:

CoreELEC:~ # cat .config/autostart.sh
echo "0" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/online
echo "0" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online

I disable the “LITTLE” A53 cores, because I’ve found out the device to be noticeably smoother when it is using the “big” A73 cores only.

This fixed DVD playback on my Odroid N2 so thanks!

1 Like

There’s a huge memory leak while trying to play PSX games (via PCSX-reArmed). Anyone can confirm this please? I expect this to be an upstream issue, but I’d like to confirm it first.

I’ve tried different versions of both game.libretro and game.libretro.pcsx-rearmed, but it seems, that it doesn’t depend on a particular version combination.

Once I start a PSX game I start to loose about 100 MB every 2 seconds so it takes about a minute before the whole system dies on out of memory.

Reverting back to 20.0 I can play the games without problems. Also it doesn’t seem to affect other emulators, so far only PCSX.

2 Likes

Just a question , the original PS4 bluetooth controler not longer work with ce ? I install 20.1 stable…but no way (bluetooth/câble) to make work the controler ,work perfect with older ce

No idea. Hard to track everything with limited amount of time devs has.

Hi there!

I’ve installed “CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20.1-Nexus-Generic” with “sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb” to a 32GB MicroSD card and managed to boot it on my H96 Max X3 (With Amlogic S905X3 SoC) by pressing the tiny button in the AV-slot with a toothpick while connecting the power.

I’m very happy that with CoreELEC I’ve finally found something that manages to output surround sound, even passing through various digital audio streams directly without reencoding to PCM first. Sadly, I couldn’t find any android firmware for the device that managed to output anything but reencoded stereo PCM audio via HDMI.

So since now I’m very happy with how it plays local media now, I’d like to find out if and how I can get streaming like youtube or tvthek.orf.at to work with it also (without having to reboot into android every time and back to CoreELEC using the toothpick-method…)

Can somebody help me? The Youtube plugin didn’t manage to install because it said something like dependencies failed to install. I’ve managed to install the addon “tubed” butit doesn’t work giving “quotaExceeded” and other errors.

Please help, thank you!

[UPDATE: While browsing through the available Kodi Addons, I’ve found "ORF TVthek and it works out of the box, very NICE!]

Did you try the Kodi Add-on for the TVthek?

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:ORF_TVthek

Edit: Too slow.

1 Like

yes, and I’ve tried installing the youtube addon a second time and funny enough this time round it did install. I’m currently trying to get the webserver thing working so I don’t have to manually type those 3 endless long youtube api strings…