CoreELEC 20.1-Nexus Amlogic-ng Discussion

Nevermind, after installing RettoArch the controllers started working right away. It seems RetroArch fixed the missing configuration in my installation.

I’m using a GT-King Pro with 20.1 ng. Unfortunately all of my 4K content is playing in 1920x1080.

The system settings are set to 3840x2160 and 59.97 - which displays fine. All other other frequencies work - except 23.98. When I play any movie and display the info from my Onkyo, it says 23hz (I’m guessing it rounds down).

On my old version (9.2.8), the system settings are the same, and the only whitelisted resolutions were the 1080 ones - and it plays in 4K. On 20.1, with just those whiltelisted, it still plays 1080, and with all 4k ones except 23.98, it still plays in 1080. The moment I try and play anything, the screen never appears and I have to stop playback blind.

Any ideas?

(in testing I’ve now broken the colorspace settings by setting it to RGB instead of auto. Any ideas what the setting is in guisettings.xml - it’s not obvious and kodi website doesn’t list it (not under that name))

fixed my own issue. connected directly to TV to get back in, then tried with it set to 60 by default. that got it working.

1 Like

Tanix TX3 (S905W) after copy from microSD with ceemmc to internal not boot CE from internal.
Still boot to Android.

From microSD boot CE 20.1 correctly.
WiFi onboard not working. Only USB dongle WiFi.

How can I boot to CE on internal?

Thank You

Go to thread

Looking for users with no wifi / bluetooth working

Page 1 of 709

You may have the 9028xs

Have been testing T95N S905X
Think thats why i have no wifi

Happy Testing

Hello, anyone having an issue with subs not staying enabled after setting as default?
Vim3 and N2+ both on 20.1 and both share the same issue.

Thanks

Which specific Android image should I use with Khadas vim 3? I am having issues with ethernet and DHCP.

Same issue mentioned at Khadas forum CoreELEC 20.1 Ethernet DHCP Problem - VIM3 - Khadas Community

Update
v221228 solves the issue
https://dl.khadas.com/products/vim3/firmware/android/vim3-android-9-32bit-v221228.img.xz

1 Like

Hello @cdu13a & everyone
Is there any chance to add m88rs6060 driver to the kernel 4.9 because there is a linux driver for it by @crazycat may this driver ported to Amlogic dvb subsystem for S905D Soc
The driver just updated from 3 days ago.

Hi,
on my Minix neo U22-XJ Max the picture jerks as soon as a subtitle appears. When will the next update be released?

Thanks in advance.

Someone already wrote about it here, but mainly with PVRs there is a slight tearing of the image. AFR shows Kodi 25FPS as well as TV. But VsyncOff in debug Kodi is still 0.0 maybe that’s the problem? I read somewhere that 0 means that the image is not synchronized. When I play a movie, VsyncOff is about 20 and the playback is smooth.

CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.arm-20.1-Nexus-Generic.img.gz boots nicely with the toothpick trick on my H96 Max X4 (S905X4). I want a CE only system. It’s just an amazing system!!

Two concrete questions:

1. do I have to root my system? The manual says it needed to be rooted (For a successful migration, the device requires to have at minimum rooted Android 7 firmware installed). I’m experienced in Linux but I completely failed at rooting the box. Kingroot and Kingoroot fail. Do I have to use Magisk? Better asked: what’s the easiest way to root it? (I put devel mod on in Android, it doesn’t have a root switch option). With a RK box I was able to install armbian without rooting… why is it necessary here?
  2. though I only want to use CE on this box, it is of advantage to backup the android rom? How? With a RK box it was easy (multitool), but ceemmc only backs up the CE install, right? What’s an easy way to secure the ROM? Is this what the manuel calls the “firmware”? (“Since the firmware was overwritten, the device needs to be restored with”) Or is that something else? Can I backup the firmware myself?

One conceptual question:
As said, I’m linux experienced (using since 1995), but I’m not so experienced yet with the ARM platform. “rooting” means both acquiring root access and being able to unlock the boat loader? If the box is “bricked”, does that mean the ROM is wrong/damaged and/or the boat loader is broken? Those backup tools, do they cover both the install and boot loader?

What can go wrong with CE, if I have it as single install? If the boat loader is damaged, can I still boot from the SD? Or that fails as well then?

easiest way to root is to install a system-as-root android, like modded Atv or other roms using USB burning tools. Go searching.

Thnx, but that’s a complete new area for me, some google just didn’t clarify it. That’s basically installing another ROM (firmware?) over the current Android one, to enable that CE installs as a single boot? This other rom install doesn’t require that the device is rooted?

Would this one work? Is that a “system-as-root” firmware?

As a conceptual question: the RK box didnt’t need root to do the emmc install, but CE does. Why is that? What does CE need to do the EMCC install?

There is no need to have rooted android firmware.
Just install something actuall and your good to ceemmc - x
Did you even tried to do it? :wink:

I wanted, but that fat red warning For a successful migration, the device requires to have at minimum rooted Android 7 firmware installed I took serious… I know from my linux experience screwing up boot loaders ain’t fun (or mbr) or in general stuff like that… arm platform is pretty new to me

try to flash slimbox on it first then.

I tried installing without installing another firmware… it worked! Though the CE_STORAGE is 53.9G, looks like android is still on it… how do I get rid of it?
During ceemmc -x it said “Install in dual boot mode not possible!”

Apart from that: I cannot install any addon… all fail… no details are displayed… where is detailed logging output on the install fails?
For example youtube, I go to repo, install, then it only says fails. I tried other addons as well, none of them installs…

Coreelec needs data from Android Vendor bootload

It will always be on internal

The rest is yours

There is no Dual Boot with Amlogic S905X4

Settings/System/Settings/System

Move to Add-ons

Check / allow Unknown sources

• change from Basic to Expert for advanced features
    Coreelec

Happy Testing

10G for a bootload? Sounds like a whole firmware to me… would love to get rid of it, clean CE only is what I would like to have (ok, forget the bootload).

On the Add-on, I did it, it was indeed disabled. Didn’t change it though, still installing addon fails.
Of course I search for similar issues, found something like removing /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/Addons27.db (well, it’s 33 on mine), tried it (moved it) but I don’t know how the rebuild the db then again.

If ceemmc succeed then you are done. And don’t think much about this.