CoreELEC 20.2-Nexus Amlogic-ng Discussion

I see no issues in the log, WiFi driver is loaded and working.

Please make same log again with 19.5 when it works.

Sorry for the delay. Here is a log on the same box after the downgrade to 19.5
09_Journal-cur[1].log (159.0 KB)

And here the log after moving from 19.5 up to the latest nightly. After the WLAN failures I had to switch to cable ethernet in order to get access to the log files.
09_Journal-cur.log (147.5 KB)

Xiaomi Bluetooth Gamepad Controller
Now working…!!!

Have had issues with Xiaomi controller since Matrix

For some reasons decided to test Bluetooth devices with latest nightly ng 4.9.269

There it is working all buttins mapped now

Most Excellent

Maybe has been fixed fir a while…

Happy Testing

Hi,
Is there any combination of options (PROJECT, ARCH, DEVICE, etc.)
that will allow you to build an image with a 32 bit kernel?

Hello, I have updated mecool ki pro from leia to coreelec 20.2. Before I installed Android 9 to be able to install on the nand, the entire process was correct but now tvheadend does not detect the tuners. It did not detect them with coreelec on the sd and not on the nad either. Any solution?

Install DVB add-ons from CE repo.

1 Like

which one of them?

solved. cat drivers

Hi,

I am running CE 20.2 stable on my Odroid N2 and it is working fine BUT i have a Netgear A6210 wireless usb adpater which has a Mediatek 76x chipset. MT76 is not supported at all 4.x, so i have a few questions for you …

→ will Amlogic-ng devices get a new kernel in future release of CE ?
→ which is the best option to enable MT76 on 4.9 ? External module compilation through linux-drivers folder from the sources tree ? Adding code to 4.9 kernel at building time using patches placed in Amlogic-ce project tree ?
→ using 5.4 kernel from linux-amlogic for example is another option ?

I am asking you all this because LE11 which have 6.x kernel for the N2 works perfectly with my wifi usb adapter (kernel support) BUT i would prefer to stay with CE.

Thanks for your answers !

4.9 is for sure a no-go. We tried in past, but never with 5.4. You will need to share your device for development by tmate. Then when possible we can take a look how the situation is. But N2 does not support Amlogic-ne…

Edit:
But we have N2 already working with 5.15 kernel, what is the next step after 5.4 kernel.
But it’s like development under the hood but we can try it to have support in future.

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:term_share

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply !

Of course, i will …

Has anyone else lost their Plex server running through docker? I thought I saw a message about an update and then it stopped working.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling and there’s no webpage.

I’ve tried a restore from a Coreelec backup and there’s a update when it restarts and then the server doesn’t start.

I’ve no idea what to do next.
EDIT: got it back by restoring the backup with internet disconnected, turning off auto updates for the updater and the Plex add-on and then reconnecting to internet. I have realised that this is the best I can do on the 32 bit userspace and that the decision to end support was from Linux server.io. So, I’ll live with it like this for now.

Hello and first of all thanks for your help :wink:

Since 4.9 is a no go, i tried to build a ng image with 5.4 from your github repository and it fails sadly. Is your 5.4 compatible with ng OOTB with a proper defconfig or does it need adjustments ? I already made a package.mk and a repo for mt76x2u firmware which is working because i really would like to be able to build CE testing images while using my usb wifi adapter.

Because i spent time on 5.4 without results and by not listening your advice on 4.9, i am trying to import mt76 source code from mainline on it … working with old commits and i forked your kernel repo as a base for this task … is it just non sense from my part ?

Anyway, thanks again for your hard work and your support :+1:

PS : my dev os is debian 12 and i had issues for building nfs-utils and kmsxx, i made patches for them and it is solved.

EDIT : i am having the same two issues with Ubuntu 22.04 (Linux Mint 21.2) and for nfs-utils you must install libtirpc-dev.

Ubuntu 20.04 is recommended for building:
https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:build_ce

You will need to Backport the driver like from 5.4 to 4.9 kernel. 5.4 is not G12B compatible.
But not sure if this will work…

1 Like

Hi and thanks for the reply :+1:

I will keep you informed about it :wink: I never did such a thing before but i do think that i did something right for getting the kernel sources of the driver. Now, my problem is to patch your kernel with it without breaking your code AND that is a challenge for me. So far, i already put the mainstream code into yours BUT i used some commits that may have broke it because MT76 modules are building properly but some others like dmraid do not so the building process does not finish its task …

That is not bad, i will delete my WIP branch and recreate one then i will do the job again but more carefully this time. Maybe, i will take your 5.4 as source …

Regards

khadas vim 1. freezes every day. only after power reboot work, but freez randomly.
after freez log more CEC errors:

2023-10-17 10:24:56.801 T:4468 error : OpenConnection - could not opening a connection to the CEC adapter
2023-10-17 10:26:10.323 T:4468 error : OpenConnection - could not opening a connection to the CEC adapter
2023-10-17 10:27:39.455 T:4468 error : OpenConnection - could not opening a connection to the CEC adapter
2023-10-17 10:28:51.466 T:4468 error : OpenConnection - could not opening a connection to the CEC adapter
2023-10-17 10:29:57.369 T:4468 error : OpenConnection - could not opening a connection to the CEC adapter
2023-10-17 10:31:11.007 T:4468 error : OpenConnection - could not opening a connection to the CEC adapter
2023-10-17 10:32:24.146 T:4468 error : OpenConnection - could not opening a connection to the CEC adapter
2023-10-17 10:33:39.347 T:4468 error : OpenConnection - could not opening a connection to the CEC adapter
2023-10-17 10:34:41.467 T:4468 error : OpenConnection - could not opening a connection to the CEC adapter

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:ce_support

Closed

Continue here: CoreELEC 20.3-Nexus Amlogic-ng Discussion