CoreELEC 21.1-Omega Amlogic-ne Discussion

Amlogic-ne

Please use this thread for general CoreELEC 21.1-Omega Amlogic-ne discussion

Before posting an error please follow these troubleshooting steps.

1 Like

ugoos am8 pro ~ CoreELEC 21.1-Omega Amlogic-ne discussion

When I forward or rewind the movie, there is distortio , Kodi on Android does not have this problem.

Is this a common problem?

I tried
1- Change the hard drive
2- Delete the nightly version and install the latest stable version
3- Change the HDMI cable

LOG : hastebin

Use a better illegal rip instead Bad.Boys.Ride.or.Die.2024.2160p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.Atmos.DV.HDR-DVT.mkv?
Use another source as it’s maybe not fast enough?

I used more than one legal source and the problem was not solved and the internet speed is 1 GB.

This problem is only present on CE. I tried it on Android and things are fine. There are no problems.

Thanks and Congrats for update

I have two similar boxes both s905x4 : an Ugoos X4-Pro and a Vontar X4.

Both ran CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.aarch64-21.0-Omega from eMMC.

I know Vontar X4 may not be supported …

The Ugoos X4-Pro upgraded to CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.aarch64-21.1-Omega just fine but the Vontar X4 turns the CE logo after upgrade and reboot and then stops turning that logo. I could ssh into it and downgrade just fine to CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.aarch64-21.0-Omega.

here is pastebin old log

notice critical message

Again thanks and congratulations!

1 Like

Problem solved …

I was using a custom dtb.img in /flash (one once given to me to test audio).

So I corrected Vontar-X4 as follows

Vontar-X4:~ # ls -al /flash/dtb.img
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         67604 Jun 30  2023 /flash/dtb.img <<-- old custom DTB
Vontar-X4:~ # mount -o remount,rw  /flash
Vontar-X4:~ # ls -al /flash/device_trees /flash/dtb.img  | grep sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit.dtb
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         73743 Aug 22 11:13 sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit.dtb
Vontar-X4:~ # cd /flash
Vontar-X4:/flash # cp -p /flash/device_trees/sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit.dtb dtb.img
Vontar-X4:/flash # cd
Vontar-X4:~ # sync
Vontar-X4:~ # mount -o remount,ro /flash
Vontar-X4:~ # shutdown -r now

While on topic: how to avoid this, in the future?

It seems on Ugoos-X4-Pro correct /flash/dtb.img was copied from device_trees

Ugoos-X4-Pro:~ # ls -al /flash/device_trees/sc2_s905x4_ugoos_x4.dtb /flash/dtb.img
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         72353 Aug 22 11:13 /flash/device_trees/sc2_s905x4_ugoos_x4.dtb
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         72353 Aug 22 14:22 /flash/dtb.img

Do I need to remove custom /flash/dtb.img before update?

In any case: I will compare /flash/dtb.img and device_trees one after upgrades from now on

Again thanks and congratulations with CE !

Nothing need to do: when you have correct /flash/dtb.img it will be updated with correct one on CE update.

If it has correct id inside (meaning it is official one from CE) it will be correctly updated.

1 Like

good to know !

Slow wifi on x96x4,

CoreELEC (official): 21.1-Omega (Amlogic-ne.aarch64)
Machine model: Amlogic
CoreELEC dt-id: sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit

Very slow wifi.
Rolling back to 21.0 or earlier version seems to solve the problem.

1 Like

Did you tried any nightly build after 21.0 to identify when wifi stopped working? If you didn’t then don’t expect miracles to get it fix.

CoreELEC-Amlogic-no.aarch64-22.0-Piers_nightly_20240820-Generic.img → Latest nightly tried which have working wifi.

Use Amlogic-no?

CoreELEC-21 will become EOSD soon…

1 Like

Updated Homatics Box R 4K Plus - all seems to work no problem!

The X96X10pro device has some issues with the latest Corelec 21.1 version, such as fast forwarding movies, rewinding movies, exiting playback movies, and abnormal image display. I don’t know what the reason is, and I hope you can let me know

I’ve now tested CE 21.1 on my Ugoos AM8 Pro, and the DoVi encodes (profile 8.1) I have made recently do not seem to work properly. When I start playback, the screen just remains black and after a while, “no signal” error prompted by the TV. I tried the second time and based on my LG’s VRR info, it looked like the player was trying to output DoVi and then falling back to HDR10 and back to DoVi all the time.

On the Ugoos AM6B+ with latest stable -ng build, the same video plays back perfectly. Setting DoVi to Player led mode did not help. Disabling DoVi works, proper HDR10 output is sent to the TV.

https://paste.kodi.tv/dupafolosu.kodi

1 Like

Share short sample to check.

Here you go (video + subs only as FLAC cannot be split):

Another small problem. If I play a video that has 23.976 fps. The display mode goes to 24 fps. Same with 29.97 fps, the the display mode is at 60 fps. I did not have this problem in prior versions.