CoreELEC 8.95.0 release

Excellent!

Great work ce-team, know that your efforts are much appreciated.

Atreyu

Thanks again CE developers for your continued attention and work on our amlogic devices.

1 Like

Thanks, this release is awesome.

Indeed, I only want to say this release has been perfect so far.

I had before CE 8.90.4 and .5 which I was happy with, but now with 8.95 the GUI feels much smoother and responsive. I was surprised because the changelog didn’t show anything to expect improvement in GUI. Although I also did fresh install for 8.95 - maybe that helped.

This new release is just great, all my judder test videos (from 23.976 up to 60 fps) plays just fine on my S912 box, GUI is fluent, I really like every new release…you guys rock !

1 Like

I confirm this first impression, this version is superb. Big thanks !

All that’s missing is a UHD interface to compete with Android. :smile:

No, it doesn’t.
If you want UHD interface, talk to the Kodi team.

@TheCoolest it’s not an issue for the Kodi Team, its down to the developers of skins to add support for 4K displays afaik.

Maybe, but I assume they have to add support to trigger HDR.
Either way, we’ve already discussed this, I don’t see a point to devote any more forum space to this. At least for now.

Well that would only be an issue if the skinner uses HDR textures.

4 days and no problems encountered for this release. i only use my minix u9-h for watching movie downloads, so i decided to install to internal. its freaking faster and smoother!

salamat! - with :heart: from the philippines

I think you’ll find that most agree that CE has far surpassed Android :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Curious assertion. Do not make me say what I did not say. Because in reality, it is difficult to affirm that, the 2 being still very far away; each one their qualities and faults. If we stay precise, I’m talking about the graphic aspect. Where the finish of Android Oreo, Netflix, Archos Payer, and others, are much more defined, fluid and detailed than the Kodi interface. (In particular, the compression of the pockets.) Highly visible on a UHD screen. It’s not a negative criticism, just a finding that in my opinion is easy to correct. I have already told Kodi devs this remark.

Wouldn’t dream of it. Let’s just recap on what you did actually say . . .

Try thinking before you write :roll_eyes:

I return the compliment. Reread and stop your contempt. I’m talking about the “GRAPHIC” aspect.

[Removed (personal attack. read)]
Your behavior, is not constructive.

Hi,

I’m new to CoreELEC. I’ve read here that Tanix remote controls are supported out of the box. Is it expected that the remote for Tanix TX3 Mini doesn’t work with this release?

schoofi

It works out of box.

1 Like

thx. that made me replace the device tree. I used one that worked fine with kszak’s port. Switched to the generic one and now it’s fine.

1 Like

…anxious for next release…