CoreELEC 8.95.6

CoreELEC 8.95.6

CoreELEC 8.95.6 is now available and can be downloaded from our GitHub page here.

Features

Updates

• enable PVR archive features only on supported channels
  • re-enabled slide animations by default on Estuary theme
  • unified update images *
  • updated default IR keymaps **
  • updated mecool/wetek dvb driver

Additions

• added option to disable auto bit depth and colourspace switching
  • re-added support for auto bit depth and colourspace switching

Notes

* We have made significant changes to the CoreELEC buildroot with this release and as such if you are
using CoreELEC on Odroid C2, LePotato or Khadas VIM1 you should update your installation with the
S905 tar or if you are using the Khadas VIM2 you should use the S912 tar.

** Following these changes we have had to remove out of the box support for the following IR remotes,
A95X, MeCool, MINIX.

If you are using a device with one of the above IR remotes you can re-enable support by executing
the corresponding command below via SSH and rebooting.

echo "meson-ir * a95x" > /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg
echo "meson-ir * mecool" > /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg
echo "meson-ir * minix_neo" > /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg
11 Likes

Everything fine here (installed to internal) after the “echo” trick (Mecool K1 Pro) :hugs:

3 Likes

Auto CS ! Woo thanks will try it tonight.

First thing I noticed is my IR remote is no longer working properly, was all good in previous version.

I can use Kore so not a big deal but would be nice to have working.

I have an issue with my Bluetooth remote when playing 4k HDR videos. Any commands issued from the remote are saved up and executed once playback is stopped which I can only do through a USB keyboard.
This issue is not seen when playing 1080p videos.
This issue was not present on 8.95.5.
I am running S912 build installed on SD card. I can provide a debug log if required. Thanks.

Try to read the whole Announcement :wink:

@noise36 please read the whole announcement as the above post has stated, if you still have issues open a thread here about it, posting here about an issue is not appropriate and it does not help us or you.

Ah yeah missed the comments about IR remotes, will check it out thanks

Posting about issues here isn’t appropriate? whats the point of the thread if not to comment on the update?

This thread is for announcements and general q&a on the release, not bug reporting.

Can confirm that auto colorspace and bit depth switching works flawlessly on my S912 box with this release. Previously i was using “echo 444,10bit > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr” in autostart.sh, and i remove that line before updating to the new build and everything went without a hitch. Thanks to the devs!

What is the “echo” trick?

Read the announcement/release notes.

Thanks for info

Why you removed IR remotes A95X, MeCool, MINIX? Mecool in one of the best brands in S9xx? At least one of the best selling.

We haven’t removed the remote maps, we just had to disable them by default, that is why running 1 command gets them working again permanently.

We had to do this as a result of unifying the builds, CoreELEC was taken from 6 different update tars, which took hours to build each one, down to 2, so it has made life much easier for the developers.

Unfortunately the remote codes of the aforementioned devices conflicted with the Khadas remote maps so they had to be disabled by default.

4 Likes

I can confirm. Auto colorspace and bit depth switching works as intended on my MeCool K1 pro devices. Kudos and a million thanks to the devs. Cheers.

1 Like

Upgrade isn’t working for me on C2.

Copied CoreELEC-S905.arm-8.95.6-Odroid_C2.img to Updates and rebooted as usual.

On bootup…
Found new image
Mounting system partition
Missing (source) KERNEL or SYSTEM

use the tar file not the img.

CoreELEC-S905.arm-8.95.6.tar to upgrade the C2, Le Potato, KVIM, S905
CoreELEC-S912.arm-8.95.6.tar to upgrade the KVIM2, S912

Please read annoncment once, twice… Use Google translate if required. A lot of answers on questions are already in this announcement.

The tar file worked, thank you.

Please consider changing the announcement from "you can now update your installation with the S905 tar " to something that indicates you actually have to do it and using the normal approach will no longer work.