CoreELEC Amlogic-ng(4.9 kernel) for S905X/S905D/S905W - FunHouse builds

If your box is this you are in the wrong topic.
https://br.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_009140366008.html
Amlogic S905X2 / 4 GB DDR4 + 32 GB EMMC / 2.4G + 5G WiFi / BT4.2 / 100Mbps / USB3.0

Thanks for the tip.
Another ridiculous brand model naming from the Chinese.

Member routir has been around CE for a while and has used Funhouse before.

I have the factory Android and trying to boot from USB stick with a new image using the toothpick method.
GXL212 2GB DTB

The Amlogic-ng(4.9 kernel) for the S905X/S905D/S905W devices has all been merged into the main repository. So tonight’s(20200716) nightly build will have everything that the last funhouse build had, and once tonight’s nightly build is available I would recommend switching to the nightly builds to continue testing.

Thank you very much to everyone that has helped with testing.

8 Likes

Is there anybody here that has both a Tanix TX3 and a uart adapter? (and is preferably comfortable with attaching one to the other)

I need a log from the serial console of what is happening when the device reboots instead of shutdown, to help determine the cause.

2 Likes

I saw you got the TX5 Pro S905X to boot. Can you let us know what happened ??

I installed the none-ng build:
CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2-nightly_20200715-Generic.img.gz
And then updated with .tar and .nocompat

1 Like

So funhouse_2028.2 fresh install failed ?

I tried several times with different USB sticks - no success.

Thanks
Have to see if other hardware shows same result.

Today, for the first time, I tried using amlogic-ng build (last funhouse and last nightly) on my ‘Trongle X4’ (s905x / 1Gb / 8Gb / 100Mbit), but both don’t work.

I tried with ‘gxl_p212_1g.dtb’ (the same one I use with CoreELEC stable - kernel 3.14) and with ‘gxl_p212_1g_slowmmc.dtb’.

What happened:

1. I wrote CoreELEC on SD card (first the funhouse build, then the last nightly build).
  2. I turned on the TV box (started Android), I inserted the SD card, I opened the terminal emulator and I ran the command ‘reboot update’.
  3. The TV Box has been restarted in CoreELEC.
  4. Coreelec has checked the filesystem, resized the system partition and restarted the box.
  5. After rebooting, the TV Box has stuck on the Coreelec startup logo, no message has been displayed and after a few minutes of waiting the TV Box has restarted automatically (started CoreELEC).
  6. Continually repeats step 5 (boot loop).

Do you have any advice to give me to solve it?
Did I do something wrong?

Thats strange cause the resize works.

You did nothing wrong… Can you check the flash partition on your uSD card after it does not reboot, to see if the dtb.img and kernel stayed the same and did not get somehow corrupted?
Btw, with which program did you burn your uSD card? I get best results using “Balena Etcher” on PC…

Xoro HST 260s, gxl_p231_2g_dvb, CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20200717 = Black screen.

@Ray @Sholander
I updated step 5 and added step 6 to my previous post.

I recorded a short video (2 minutes).
EDIT: In the video the colors are not exposed correctly, but on the screen they are displayed correctly.

Partitions of the SD card after recording the video::

1. COREELEC’.
  2. STORAGE’ (it has been resized correctly).

I tried with two new SD cards, and I wrote the image on SD cards with ‘balena etcher’ with the ‘validate write on success’ option enabled (as I usually do), but tv box get stuck in boot loop.

Installed the update ok, but still no 5.1 audio from my multichannel FLAC files. Plays 2.0 FLAC at all resolutions up to 192KHz, but mute on 5.1 audio. It’s a Venz V10 Pro (S905X with 2GB/16GB). Posted back in March 22nd and earlier about this.

For LPCM to work, you need to select the PCM audio device, not HDMI.
And also set the channels to 7.1

Unfortunately no. Everything looks as it should and why it does not boot CE after initial installation, I don’t understand…
Is your Android rooted, or can you root it? With rooted Android you can use a simple app from the Play Store that directly reboots Android to CE on uSD card:
Reboot to LibreElec”. It runs the “reboot update” command as root. Can you try it to see if there is any difference ?

I think you have same problem as my. Try to boot it in textmode (set it in config.ini)

@notFound
If that video is showing the true colours you see on screen then there might appear to be a graphic problem.
Maybe booting in text mode will work, (as advised above).