CoreELEC and ZeroTier: A good couple

I have zerotier one installed and running on the deco and on the smartphone and I have followed a tutorial in which dreamdroid is used to stream sat channels, but in the tutorial it asks to put the ip assigned by zerotier in dreamdroid settings and everything works for it. instead it gives me a connection error.I have enabled to allow remote control via HTTP Do I have to activate something else in coreelec?

In the end I managed to configure the dream player with zerotier and stream the channels of my receiver but I had another problem. When I restart the receiver the zerotier service stops and I have to start it every time by ssh … Is there any way to start it automatically at startup?

I do not know how Dreamplayer works but I am sure that ZeroTier, WireGuard, or any other VPN application are to blame for the malfunction, what’s more, the problem that I see in all VPN services is that these services do not stop even when there are connection failures .

You will have to solve the problems yourself. I have no problems with ZeroTier, if a minisatip service is interrupted I have no problem continuing later, the same happens with the tvheadend client. I have a remote surveillance camera recording 24 hours in a network unit connected by VPN, in this case the recording script is based on this loop

while true
      do
        sleep 10s
        /opt/bin/ffmpeg $PREV_ARG -i $URL_REC $LAT_ARG \
		  $REMOTE_DIR/cam0_%Y%m%d_%H%M%S.mkv
      done

that is, if there is a failure of any kind wait ten seconds and try again … and it works!

cubimol, could you tell me what method you used to install zerotier and what commands did you use to install it? because every time I restart the receiver I have to write…

First:

modprobe tun
killall zerotier-one
zerotier-one -d

And then:

zerotier-cli join “network ID”

I don’t really do anything with ZeroTier services. The device automatically starts this service whether it is an entware service (through the script /opt/etc/init.d/S90zerotier-one -read the first posts of this topic-), as if it is a docker service, and even in android when set to ‘VPN always on’.

As a precautionary measure that it is only essential to execute it once, on linux systems I also include the command ‘… zerotier-cli join network-id’ at startup.

I don’t do anything else, I don’t kill anyone or anything.

Note.- For me the goal of a VPN service is to create a new domain where to locate the servers. My tvheadend server is not on public IP 142.250.200.142, but is simultaneously on private IP 192.168.1.56 (home domain), 10.10.10.1 (zerotier domain), and 10.10.20.1 (wireguard domain). For speed reasons I prefer to always use 10.10.20.1 (wireguard domain) and all my CE clients are configured to use this IP address, both at home and away.

i started using zerotier on docker instead because libreelec does not seem to support entware. works just fine.

I have added my mobile device to the vpn account, how do I add my mecool device to the vpn account?

I followed this guide. But I can only access the 2 devices acting as gateways on both networks. And never the other devices on the networks whicch do not have ZT installed on them.

Is there any variable that needs to be changed in the autostart files? Both appear the same to me.

Also, is there any new step now needed? I can notice one new command you have mentioned in a later post, that is needed before the “join” command. Is that the missing link?

Reread the posts on this topic, but I’ll give you some hints:

(1) the “sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1” command on a zetotier device allows communications from one interface to pass to another interface, for example, from the zerotier interface to the ethernet interface

(2) the command “iptables -A FORWARD -i zt+ -j ACCEPT” on a zerotier device causes communications from the zerotier interfaces to pass to the rest of the interfaces

(3) if you establish routing on the zerotier web, for example, 192.168.1.0/24 to 10.10.10.1, you are telling all devices on the zerotier network how to reach 192.168.1.x devices that are not on the zerotier network

Sure, thanks. Do you think I could be missing out some setting on the Zerotier controller side? And I dont know if it makes a difference that I am hosting my own controller. Not using the myzerotier one. I can access the gateway device just fine but not the other devices on that network. :frowning:

Attached my controller settings page screen grabs. The gateway device is the one with the IP .19 Its showing offline but it is indeed online.

I suggest you try change your ZeroTier GUI frontend application for another one that works without problems, or better yet, do without frontend and use the ZeroTier web to manage and the zyclonite/zerotier docker services in every CE device that work very well for me.

My SSH installation command is (use only once):

docker run -d \
  --name 9993-zerotier-one \
  --device=/dev/net/tun \
  --net=host \
  --cap-add=NET_ADMIN \
  --cap-add=SYS_ADMIN \
  --cap-add=SYS_RAWIO \
  -v /storage/.config/dockers/zerotier-one:/var/lib/zerotier-one \
  --restart unless-stopped \
  --privileged \
  zyclonite/zerotier