CoreElec freezes on welcome screen

I just got this error in PuTTy when i used the ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0 command:

Invalid parameter on line 1 of /etc/rc_keymaps/MAGICSEEIRON
Can’t load MAGICSEEIRON table from /etc/rc_keymaps or /usr/lib/udev//rc_keymaps

I can’t open your remote file here at my phone. But something is missing probably.

1 Like

The “??” after NEC on the first line probably shouldn’t be there.
Also try changing “Magicsee Iron” to Magicsee_Iron

1 Like

Brilliant! I’m not sure if it is a NEC remote, but removing the ?? and renaming like you suggested seems to have done the trick :slight_smile:

Many thanks for the genius help and patience from everybody. I feel like i’ve learned a lot and it’s a very satisfying end to a couple of days hard labour. Perhaps someone as un-savvy as me will find this thread useful in future. I’ve edited my earlier post so there is a working MAGICSEEIRON map file in case it helps other users of this model.

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

As an aside, I find using coreftplite is easier to just drag & drop files to & from my pc/devices.

I do use putty for ssh, but I am not familiar with many commands.

My idea, was to try the remote files from the dropbox account.

I am sorry if I confused matters.

No need at all to apologise. I admit i was a bit confused at the time due to my complete lack of understanding of what i was trying to achieve. But coreftplite did indeed come in useful when i had managed to produce the required files.

I was thinking of posting a summary of the above as a supplement to the guide posted by boot2k3. Do you think that might be worthwhile?