Coreelec support for Amiko A4?

According to ??

Is this some dodgy SD Card with no branding printed on the card itself ?

Picture please or

Precisely which Sandisk SD Card is this you are using ?

Dodgy Fake SD Cards must be eliminated before we go any further as they most certainly will cause issues.

… according to manfid.

But you can find them in this picture: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RfLhCEu2P5IBamF0K5PEyZk0UUH-RLKr.

Both of them works in 1st Amico (A4KMichal) as expected, only. (They are recognized by Amiko and Amiko can boot from them.) Non of them are recognized by 2nd Amico (A4Ninka) by default. Reset is needed to boot from them.

I have got another input for you: When I removed SD card from 1st Amico, it wrote me this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H5J-E2xHgrv6G49rJGe3jAlhIOlgtQoL, what is ok, I assume.

So, there is something wrong in 2nd Amico .

Whhat does it do ??
Not Boot means what ?
I can’t guess. What’s on screen ??
Is the box appearing on your network without a picture ??
I can’t guess.

Both SD Cards are worthless and will give you issues.
They’re so old and slow it’s not worth wasting your time with them.

2nd one doesn’t boot from SD card after power off or restart. It starts from Android partition, directly.

The class of these SD cards should not be an issue with booting order. It might be the issue with slow response… And, I ordered faster card. And I will test it, when they will arrive from Honk Kong.

Till then I would really like to ask you to take a look at booting, if possible. Thank you very much. :slight_smile:

There is no problem with booting, as it works for everyone, and it’s a standard way to boot an Amlogic device.
Try swapping your cards and see if the problematic box still needs reset or not.
If it does, it could be a problem with the box.

Hello, @TheCoolest,

I have already done it and this is the result: Coreelec support for Amiko A4?

I don’t think anyone here has heard about this box, and none of us have one of them to try and debug the problem.
I’m not an expert on how all this booting thing works, but from my understanding, there needs to be a partition where the configuration is saved and persisted when you hold the reset button. After the change is saved, following boots will not require holding the reset button.
Maybe on a later device things changed and this partition was moved/renamed or something like that, which has caused this problem.

I understand. Maybe you missed the information, it should be another “type” of KI Plus: https://www.tvbox-manufacturer.com/product/mecool-ki-plus-hybird-tv-box/.

Hi everyone, I bought an used A5 (not combo, T2 only) and, since is very similar to Mecool KII (S905D), I really want to test CE Matrix on it.

Of course I already tried to boot CE trough the SD card slot (with “reboot update” function from Android) without success.

Any suggestion ?

Last but not least: since the box is very well manufactured (and quite spreaded since it can run Enigma and other sat-distros), it would be great to officially support it once it will be 100% verified, IMHO.