Development build 12/05/18

@anon88919003, Can you release (OSMC based kernel) krypton build?

awesome live tv
what a beautiful image
deserve our full support
Congratulations to those involved.
:gift::laughing:

1 Like

S912 box with CE 8.90.2, 444, 10 bit -> no banding
S905X box with LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0-devel-20170430185848-r23797-g7772046, 444, 10 bit -> no banding
S905X box with this devel, 444, 10 bit -> banding
S905X box with this devel, 444, 10 bit, round1 -> no banding

I can’t see any improvement compare to 8.90.2 on S912 or LE7 on S905X

@Arien can you please try the updated image here and see if it resolves the banding issue, you should no longer need to enter the command manually (I hope)

1 Like

did a quick test today in the morning on KI pro device

although using Samung evo SD card dirty file system bit was set
No audio output to AVR with Multi PCM 7.1 without passtrough enabled
if automatic image updating isn´t disabled then 8.90.2 will be installed again after restart

Will have to do a new clean installation and report later (Rest of today is for family…)

Wouldn’t that be going backwards? Hardly a development. I think the devs have enough on their plates, don’t you?

Read the title

Help shape the future of CoreELEC

S905X box with second devel, 444, 10 bit -> banding
S905X box with second devel, 444, 10 bit, round1 -> no banding
So still need to enter the command manually during the play.

@anon88919003 Tested updated image, as @Pelican told, we still need to apply command manually during play.

@Arien @Pelican another test build available here, I hope it resolves your banding issue.

2 Likes

@anon88919003 Sadly to say, banding is still present.
Attached log just FYI: http://ix.io/1ah1

Same result as Arien, nothing has changed.

installed CoreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel-1526260279.tar on my Mecool KI pro

no audio output after first start - changed settings from HDMI to PCM analog although connected with HDMI cable to Pioneer AVR.

This solved my audio Problems with 7.1 channel PCM output. No more problems watching live tv.
Could not reproduce the Audio problems I have had with CE 8.90.1 CE 8.90.2

Only problems I have with this Version : Amazon VOD addon crashes kodi gui when video starts.
Gui freezes and is restarting after a while ( only kodi gui - not the device)

Youtube addon showing e.g. cinema trailers in max.720p hardware decoded. Had 1080p before.

I will stay on this version because the live tv Part is running so fine

Thank you for this dev build

Make sure you turn off auto update or it will go back to 8.90.2 at the next reboot.

Yes. Already done.

I forgot to say : cec is not ok. Fires up AVR but doesn’t switch off AVR when device shuts down.
Can not use mecool remote for volume of AVR if passthrough is enabled.

But this is a dev build - and a real good one!

Choose “AVR and TV” instead of “AVR” somewhere in CEC shutdown settings. After this change shutdown works on my AVR

Yes this is very good and awesome dev build in every aspect, thanks to all Developers.

Shutdown of AVR is working after restarting the device. There was a kodi gui crash from Amazon VOD Addon before.

Will we get vero kernel based builds in future?

As far as I can see, it is the best leia build i have tested so far on my device. Excellent audio and video quality.

Another point while i am asking is :
It makes no sense to contact the Amazon addon developer telling him kodi crashes if only a few users are using this special dev build.

There is a problem with netflix addon when I try to play a movie or tvshow it stops kodi and restart it log below

http://ix.io/1aiN

@arien @pelican this is sad to hear, would one of you be interested in joining our Slack workspace so I can communicate directly with you and try and get this resolved quicker, I don’t have the HDR banding issue so it’s hard to try and bash this out over the forums.

On the other hand I’m glad it’s working well for everyone else.

I’m not sure what the Amazon/NF issues are, maybe addon related? I only have access to Netflix so I will look into it tonight.

1 Like

@anon88919003 I’m OK with Slack, how can we get over there?