Disable hdr

You don’t understand, never said it works perfect. But in my case it will work better than shitty hdr on my tv. Such option is there, but not working. I am asking either to see if you can fix it, or remove if not, because it’s confusing.

I’ll try to dig around the code some more in the upcoming few days, but it’s complicated.
I think cdu13a knows a lot more about this stuff, but he’s currently unavailable.

1 Like

Could it be the same thing that is happening here as well:
Khadas VIM3 Pro SDR to HDR fault

I’m not sure, I don’t think so. I went over the code last night, and I think that these SDR to HDR and HDR to SDR controls we have in CE settings no longer have any effect at all.
If I have time to figure it all out, I may give it a shot. If not, we may have to wait for cdu13a to take a look at it when he can.

Conversion HDR->SDR is actually possible. Because it’s performed when SDR TV is connected. So, problem is not related to conversion itself, but rather when it will be done.

Need to look if we can force it to be performed always, or never (although, never has no much sense, because sdr display won’t show any picutre in this case, that’s why Android does not even include such option).

HDR is great standard, but not always, sometimes implementation of it on tv is really poor (this is my case).

It works with SDR TVs because the path the code takes with an SDR TV is completely different.
These settings we have in the CE Settings worked in the past, but since then we updated the kernel, and it probably broke, and no one noticed. We’ll need to fix this.

1 Like

Ok, so new bug has been found. Now it does not work anymore.

I pushed a fix for this.
Now both HDR->SDR and SDR->HDR work correctly, at least as far as I can tell.
You should see it in tomorrow’s nightly build (so on Wednesday). Please test it and report back any issues.

1 Like

Sorry, next 2 weeks I’m on vacation so I can’t test now. Maybe somebody else could try and confirm. Or I will test later

Ok, no problem. We’ve confirmed in internal testing that it works.

Yes, it works, thanks.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.