Disable Odroid built-in IR receiver

Hello everyone,

I am using CoreELEC on my Odroid C2 and control it with my TV remote control via CEC. Sometimes I am experiencing that some keystrokes from my remote control are received twice which is really annoying especially when typing text on the screen keyboard.
The remote control I use can be used for many TVs, DVD Players and similar so I assume that the Odroids internal IR receiver is picking up the signals too from time to time executing the keystrokes twice.

To solve this I would like to deactivate the receiver.
I was checking the lircd.conf manual and some similar documents I could find online but I could not find any hint on how to disable it or at least stop the system from “using” the received signals.
Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks,
Bugg

Wouldn’t it be easier to put some black tape over the IR receiver?

I think you can “disable” it by adding pointing meson-ir to use a remote file that you do not have in /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg
meson-ir * dummy_remote

You can find a list of all the remotes available from this directory /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps
You will also need to add a line to /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg if you are not already using a custom rc_maps to use the correct file for your other driver

1 Like

LibreELEC has an option for disabling the LIRC daemon, however no such option is available in the CE addon (Services) - I would like to see such an option in the CE addon too. :slight_smile:

In the mean time, IR can be disabled by blacklisting the kernel module from loading at startup.

echo "blacklist meson-ir" >> /storage/.config/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

Think you will find it was removed in LE9.0 Alpha.