Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

Play TV was the other seller that I was looking at. Both Play TV and Sinbeda around the same price.

With the latest version does the dovi.ko file need to manually copied to the root folder or does it come with it automatically with CE?

Yes I got 2 from PLAY TV. All is well

You need to copy it over and will likely always need to. It’s because the vendor provided dovi kernel module is from a 32-bit armv7a firmware but amlogic-ng builds are 64-bit armv8. So you can’t use that one due to architecture mismatch. Similar to why you can’t use a 32-bit driver on 64-bit Windows.

I highly doubt we’ll ever see a 64-bit armv8 vendor provided Android firmware.

Stash it in Several places including /flash /storage /storage/.config

I use the last option in that list.

I’ve been having a similar problem for a while. Started with my N2, and now continues with the Ugoos - after switching inputs to CoreElec and going back to the TV, eArc doesn’t work. I need to either power cycle the TV, or change it’s audio output to something else and back to ARC.
I’ve tried playing with various CEC settings but wasn’t able to solve it.

There is a problem with playing Gemini Man, and the TV will have an image and a black screen for a while. AM6A+ NG21.0 LLDV mode. sample
EDIT: :smile: Changing the HDMI cable solved my problem.

The reason I’m asking is because I remember reading in this thread: CoreELEC and Dolby Vision - Announcements - CoreELEC Forums that due to the switch from 32-bit to 64-bit the backups should not be restored and users should do a clean install. However, I’m not sure if it only applies to -ne or -ng as well? Does the fact that I would be migrating from the Odroid matter?

I’m not sure that’s a problem specific to corelec etc. as I see this from time to time with disney+/youtube on my LG webos TV.

Suspending Coreelec is my solution. But it doesn’t happen when I switch from CE, generally only if CE was on when I turn the tv on.

My am6b+ arrived, loaded dual boot firmware on it and have it running.

Is there any way to expand internal memory allocated to CE? CE_Storage was created with 2.9GB size and my backup I want to restore is 7.5GB :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That’s probably one of the most heavily tested movies I’ve tried. Unique because it’s DV @ 59.94 hz, along with having lossless Atmos. As of the latest CE21 build it’s playing great on my Ugoos boxes. I

If you’re running Kodi at 3840x2160 and 59.94hz, try changing to 60hz to ensure it triggers a refresh rate switch (and set it to start/stop). And you need to make sure your setup can handle full bandwidth of HDMI 2.0b (~600Mhz).

Where I can find best dovi.ko file? :wink:

Here

After 1100+ posts, admittedly it’s bit hard to play catch-up in this thread :laughing:

Exactly this :frowning: It should be added to first post :wink:
Thanks a mill!

Do you know what’s the difference between dovi.ko that you linked to and the one provided by @YadaYada (YadaYada’s dovi.ko)?
MD5 hashes are different.

You’ve just solved @borygo 's request with your question. That’s the right thread about the dovi.ko from external sources.

1 Like

@speedy seen you on the Infuse threads. Is DV Profile 8 on Infuse really native on the recent Infuse version and we should see no difference in playing DV Profile 8 files on Infuse and Ugoos?

Thank you very, very much. Changing the HDMI cable solved my problem.

What’s the preferred mode
Use Player Led should be on or off? :wink:

I’m not seeing this with my Apple TV, just with CE.

Interesting. Sounds similar but not identical.