Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

1:I set lossless already
2:is the GitHub pre-release 20.3 ng-dv?

Yes, it should be the most up-to-date build.
Make sure that you disable the player-led option if you have it enabled. It seems to be broken right now in ng-dv :frowning:

yes,i used tv-led mode, dv lossless

Tested this last build in Ugoos Am6b plus. Dolby Vision set at Lossless and player led disabled.
Played profile 7 MKV and TS movies ST-DL.
Some files play perfectly and some do not start to play on start and then have a red screen or studder or stop and go.
By the way a much improved version compared to the first Nexus 20.3 ng dv of some some months ago.
Thanks men.

Thanks for the info, good to know the problem is not on my side.
I’m sure you guys will eventually find a solution how to make Player-Led DV working again. :pray: :crossed_fingers:

Congratulations Dev Team. You have succeded in allowing Ugoos AM6B plus to play DV P7 ST-DL.
I have no words to thank you, I did a clean install with the new build Nexus ng dv 20,3. Excellent. Thank you.

Just to be clear - CoreELEC plays DV HDR profile 7 FEL or does profile 7 still get converted to 8.1?

P7 Fel and lossless audio

Wow! How does it compare to Monsoon’s Kodi on Ugoos firmware (I know this is a bit off-topic.)

I think the CE looks better, certainly not worse than monsoon’s kodi. In my system I get also the losslees audio that I do not get from kodi monsoon probably for compatibility problem between kodi monsoon and my TV Panasonic.

I try today,some movies perfect but some not, and some resume the color is purpel.

Thank you very much, and I hope to be able to support Dovi bdmv iso in the future.

Up to now I have tested a dozen films (each for about 10 minutes) and no problem yet. Tested also resume and chapters and no problem. Will test more films (I have near 200 P7 Fel) and if something goes wrong, I will report.

1 Like

Some profile 7 content is MEL, not FEL. This requires us to restart the decoder in a different mode.
I have noticed that sometimes it would play with purple colors, stopping and starting playback will often fix this.

tested a lot fel,about 1/3 purple,from start to the end,stopping then start still like this

I have tested almost 50 P7 Fel and 10 P7 Mel and none of them had colour or stuttering problems. I have installed CE on the Ugoos emmc and it works flawlessly. Thank you Devs.

1 Like

strangely, how did you connect am6b+ to tv or avr,how settings in ce?

19 posts were split to a new topic: Dolby Vision Implementation Discussion

Am6b+ is connected directly to TV and CE settings are default and in video setting Dolby Vision mode is Lossless.

wow,first time to konw its fake…thx