Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

I know. Let’s see the next update

For what it’s worth, there was work being to done with what I suspect is the modified buffering in Kodi 21 that was affecting FEL skip/resume skipping/hangining. I inadvertently incorporated those settings with even a CE 20.5 build and had the same behavior with FEL titles, as I am with the latest nightly. Those were reverted, so for sure check the next nightly.

Thanks to whoever mentioned SD card booting for testing purposes. This is working for me as well now, and I can leave my stable version running on eMMC. FYI you can ssh into CoreELEC booted from eMMC and run reboot update to boot from SD card as well.

1 Like

It should always boot from SD, if not then emmc by default. That’s always been the case for me with amlogic devices.

Don’t think so. I’m already installed dualboot-ota and it’s capable to boot on CoreELEC/Android without a problems…

It only strips the FEL layer, RPU remains.

I tried to read the topic but I got a headache :frowning: so, does this mean the Ugoos am6+ is better than Dune HD homatics to play DV P7 FEL and all HDR10, DV?

In short, yes. I had that device too but I sold it.

has someone already tried the latest nightly? hopefully the buffering issues with fel movies are gone.

A fix just got posted and the next nightly will probably be in around 13 hours.

How did you install the dce-ota update ?

I know the OTA update files can be put on a flash drive and then you just go to settings/update in Ugoos and find it and let the box update itself. (Similar to OTA)
But the (dualboot) dce-ota is the same size as the basic ota for 0.5.4 so I was very sceptical it would actually install CE.

Not sure if it’s related but what I noticed that /sys/module/amvdec_h265/parameters/dynamic_buf_num_margin is still set to 8 and without anything less than 16 I get a lot of CVideoPlayerAudio::Process - stream stalled and freezing issue. Since I have added:

echo 16 > /sys/module/amvdec_h265/parameters/dynamic_buf_num_margin

to autostart.sh, it’s doing a lot better.

2 Likes

yes! I gathered, any S922-X based device in general, as it has a Quad-core ARM Cortex-A73 + Dual-Core ARM Cortex-A53-based SoC with a Mali-G52 MP4 GPU, as opposed to ony a Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53-based SoC with a Mali-G31 MP2 GPU on S509-X

Only X-J devices support P7 FEL: AM6b+, Minix U22X-J, and Cube Gen2 with some hoop jumping

S922X devices support up to P7 MEL I think, similar to Shield Pro but without red push issue. FEL would be handled similarly to Shield Pro, just BL + RPU processed.

1 Like

Not based on what I see? Running the BL_EL.mkv test, Profile 8.1, Profile 8.1 MP and Profile 8.4 all strip out both EL and RPU (the RPU can be ascertained by noticing the rather obvious flashing/strobing that begins around 26 seconds in). Seems like only Lossless and Minimal EL (though this strips out the EL layer) retain the RPU for Profile 7 mkv containers?
All 5 present the RPU with the BL_RPU.mkv file.

Is there a better thread where I should discuss these CEC issues, or are these likely all specific to the S922X itself?

It seems to me like the CoreELEC is disabling CEC entirely while the device is in Suspend mode. Ideally, the device should continue to communicate over CEC while in Suspend, so the TV+Receiver still know about it even while not in use.

I use Harmony hub/remote to control the sequence and switching and it’s working okay-ish so far.
As far as I can see there is no specific settings to switch to appropeate input on other linked device, apart from switch on/off the devices. I like to discuss this in a bit details as well.
I think, it’s secific to CE/Kodi, rather any chipset.

Mine somehow still wakes up when I switch to HDMI. CEC disconnects when in suspend on mine too.

Ugoos encrypted the bootloader and we can’t use inject_bl301 tool to fix our issues.

This is my experience as well, but that means I need to reach for my Receiver’s remote… or I guess I could workaround this by plugging the AM6+ directly into my eARC TV.

Do you think we could talk with Ugoos and ask them to allow us to decrypt the bootloader and/or for them to create a firmware with bl301 already baked?

Well I asked last week but received no answer.

You can ask @quietvoid what it does and doesn’t do exactly.
As far as I am aware, it’s supposed to preserve the RPU, that’s the whole point.