Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

nice testings! The Sony player is set to Tv led, right?

I did some testing with the latest 20240329 CE 20.5 nightly. Picture in DV movies is good and skipping chapters works, but the sound stops working sometimes or gets broken with strange noises. One example ist lone survivor whrere it happens very often, on 1917 it happens once in a while

how did you test that?

Maybe ask DMDReview to do some testing. He is the pro when it comes to DV testing with all its kittle nuances…

For me, FEL videos are playing with a quarter screen.

are the two branches now eqal in terms of dv playback or which one should we use for latest testing?

20.5 until playback issues gets fixed.

@liquidion 20.5 have chroma weight stuff too thanks to tv led working correctly. I wouldn’t suggest 21, It has issues with certain fel movies.

This is seems to be a known issue with Amlogic HEVC driver, not having enough dynamic buffers. Not sure if it’s still needed but won’t harm having. Some details are here in this old thread.

Mine is very strange - one time it palys everything perfectly fine, without a single issue and the next time it doesn’t, especially when some friends around and I like to show-off :joy:
Just updated to Omega-nightly-20240330 and see what that brings in for me. :slight_smile:

Downgrade to 20.5. Just look at a couple post above how all those movies are just fine on 20.5.

@PurplePlayer

At around 1:33 this video tests for chrome weight, among other things: Level 8 (cmv4.0 trims) - Google Drive

Does the 0330 nightly have the @cpm patch built-in?

There is no 0330 build for 20.5, there is one from yesterday.

As far as I know everything, including color space stuff, is included in 20.5 too.

It’s the version cpm started working on after all.

Thank you - that’s good to hear.

I tried 20.5 and I have the same result. The player displays the top 20% of the picture and the rest is just a scramble.

I had that issue when I went from someone’s test build back to an official nightly. Took an openwizard local build backup, reflashed the same official nightly, restored my backup, and it was working again.

did you copy the dv file onto the box?

Yep, it’s the same card. Without dovi.ko, I wouldn’t even get an image. It seems as if the decoder starts works from top to bottom, but at the same point something goes wrong and it breaks down.

So there’s an undertracking issue with ST2084 that is highlighted in this comparison.Sure the difference is not very noticeable.However in a true tv led scenario I fail to comprehend how it is possible as they should be identical unless it was a different tv which is not the case.Is this a CE related issue or with respect to the ugoos?

I tested the same pattern on my Sony A95L and the results are quite different:
Ugoos (CoreELEC V21 - latest nightly 0330) and x800m2 seem to track ST2084 the same.
In contrast, the internal application is completely broken ! :slight_smile:

Sorry for quality of photos!

Sony x800m2:

Ugoos:

Internal app:

1 Like

Looks like a difference between 21 and 20.5 as that test was on the latest nightly build at the time of comparison

However the slight under tracking was only visible in a side by side scenario.Was the exposure locked for the images?

Unfortunatly, the exposure wasn’t locked.

unknown | Slowpoke Pics - It’s the best I can do, I don’t have a better camera than a smartphone.
To the naked eye they look the same to me.

1 Like

Not the 20.5 stable release. Iirc cpm’s changes were added after.

I mentioned above to either use a nightly or use the 21-rc2 stable, which does have cpm’s fixes.

I think for most users stable is still best unless they like checking out this thread daily.