Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

@cpm is there a chance that you also get dv from BD.iso working ? :smile:

1 Like

@cpm
Does this mean that Dolby Vision P7 FEL on CoreElec 20.4 works identically to bluray players?
It would be great if this was introduced in Beta 21.
DV in BD.iso is also welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

yep - should be the same - FEL / RPU all processed correctly - RPU on the tv.

Guess one for CoreELEC team to opine on!

Thank you for your great work for the CoreElec team and @cpm. You are great.
If we could add your efforts to image 21, it would be great. No matter how you look at it, it is officially supposed to support Dolby Vision.

thanks for all you did, :saluting_face:

I have one more question. Someone wrote earlier that the Philips fel doesn’t work well for him. I am planning to buy an OLED Philips 818.
Does the final version work for philips?

i think it’s not tv isuues, it is the box’s

If you mean MEL Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+ - #167 by rraatt, that issue will probably be fixed in the next stable release. Nothing to do with TV. I have 808/818.

But if you’re a gamer and sensitive to audio sync issues I won’t recommend this TV. Audio is 200ms late in game mode.

Edit: Mel issue is easy to fix with a terminal command or cpm’s build btw.

@Kaan thank you for your answer.

The TV is intended for watching movies and satellite TV. I don’t know if I will play. I guess I’m getting old :slight_smile: or I’m running out of time.
But I must admit that I was very surprised by your suggestion. For the first time I read information that there is a 200ms delay between the image and the sound.

it’s off topic but just check this thread out https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comments/19a28y7/philips_oled_808818_audio_lag_problem_only_in/

They explain it well. So far this tv has been a bit buggy for me. I didn’t have am6 and thought I could just use builtin android, but Kodi pales in comparison to CE. today I’d definitely get an LG instead.

Edit: For movies and satellite, It’s great and coming from Sony x90e brightness is comparable. Just not when it’s 100% white. It was blinding on Sony.
Oh and, if you have AVR or a Soundbar and don’t care about 120hz. You can just plug whatever you want to those directly and not suffer from audio delay.

Idk I’ve been using mine 806/12 for gaming and haven’t noticed any delay. Just dolby atmos not working via earc on ps5, so I plugged it in directly into soundbar, anyway that thing doesnt do 120 fps in titles I play. With pc it was flawless.

It seems that this fix breaks PlexMode4Kodi, can not install dependencies.
Edit: can’t install on 20.5 either, seems problem with their addon. That sucks(
Edit2: Can not connect to official Kodi add on repository, maybe it’s down, idk.

I’m getting this bizarre issue with both mel and fel titles where the first title will play fine. However if I stop playing and either resume it again or anything else (even from the start and not resuming), Kodi will just clock (spinning wheel) and won’t play. If I restart the Kodi service (not the entire box), the next title will play fine. Will tinker in logs more before I just say screw it reset to start fresh, but figured I’d ask around first.

I use Plex Mod 4 Kodi with cpm’s build. What issue are you seeing? I have no issues with browsing/playback as normal.

I do have issues with crash on resume/seek/chapters for even non-DV content, and only past minute ~15 (first chapters will seek, then crash). I posted logs here and on PM4K’s thread on the Plex forum, and will continue to follow up this week.

Not sure if related, but I have crash on resume for large films. Even HDR.

Resuming on a TV show, maybe 20-30 min in will be fine. But resuming 60min in on a film will crash regardless of DV/non-DV.

I can’t get dependencies to install it, it seems that kodi add-on repository is down or I have problems accessing it, because after returning to 20.5 I still cannot install it.

I think that the current limitation is Kodi can’t support 2 video streams at the same time. BD ISOs have 2 streams, one is the main video stream and the 2nd one is the DoVi-only stream.

1 Like

Make sure you are not using the version in the official repo as it’s very dated/unsupported by Plex.

Panni’s unofficial mod is best and most up to date.

Not a solution to your problem, but I’ve enjoyed using PKC (PlexKodiConnect) over PM4K (PlexMod4Kodi). It has better subtitle handling and supports a ton of Plex features natively in Kodi that you might not expect.