Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

Yes the b+ has the S922XJ which has DV support.

1 Like

I’m already done before,maybe you dev don’t seen?
https://paste.coreelec.org/vGc8YJ

CE updated to Amlogic-ng.arm-21.0-Omega_nightly_20240315 this morning and the colors are very unnatural now. This a very obvious one…

Omega_nightly_20240315

VS. v9.2.8

As far as I remember you have an AVR in-between the device and the TV. HDMI is handled differently in newer devices. The first step is to try a direct connection to see if the AVR is interfering in the edid exchange. From there we can move on.

Wouldn’t that effect the Home/UI screen as well, or just when playing videos? I’m running this new device since Tuesday but started seeing this now.
Connecting directly to TV is not gonna be a easy job but I’ll give it a try to be sure.

cpm’s changes have been merged.
Profile 4 support was added, it works now - but only in Lossless mode.

• Will be available in tomorrow’s build.
6 Likes

No. Iirc by default the home screen GUI without video playing would be 1080p SDR, bt.709 and at least compatible with 8bit color. If that’s a 4K Disney video it’s most likely at least HDR10 if not DV, bt.2020 and minimum 10-bit color.

@TheCoolest that’s an odd compatibility. I always thought your compatibility options were either 340mhz (HDMI 1.4 basically) or 600mhz (HDMI 2.0) with nothing in-between?

okay, managed to hook up the device directly to the TV and the result is exactly the same.

https://paste.coreelec.org/EH7PxV

Broken arrow has only ever been available in 2K. Playing 1080p SDR content at 24hz should be problem free. I think Something else is going on with your setup. Like a TV setting or possibly you marked the wrong forced cs/CD option.

My SK10Y soundbar only supports DV at up to 4K @ 30Hz, it modifies the TV’s EDID and inserts 450MHz as the maximum b/w.

if I just take the HDMI cable from back of the U22 and put that in back of U9-H (where v9.2.8 is running) everything is perfect without changing anything at all. I just did a brand new install of stable 20.5 without changing any such settings, before taking the picture.

What is forced CS/CD option ?

Btw the default cs/CD switching logic is currently coded (ie still in official code, the fix I tried alters this), to set 12-bit YUV444, at least for 24hz content. Seems that gets triggered with both HDR and TV-led (which just so happens to mostly work because for some odd reason you have to set YUV444 as RGB 444 results in a black screen for TV-led).

I’m thinking that is the behavior you’re seeing, and not due to your sound bar?

Also I tried my Sony TVs and hd Fury a second time. Not sure why they more consistently resulted in 8-bit RGB but less occasionally they also triggered 12-bit RGB. So it turned out to not be isolated behavior to my LG TV setup. However that LG TV has a receiver in-between so that might be why it did it rather consistently and only rarely correctly set to 8-bit.

It doesn’t appear like you enabled HDMI Deep Color on that port and/or on your receiver.
You can see from the dispinfo you posted that there’s no clocks over 300MHz supported.
I assume that what you’re looking at is just the base layer of the movie you’re trying to play.

nice! Thank you for being so fast!

How about your Dune remux - my one consistently triggers 12bit without fail.

Great News! Thanks to the team for getting CPM’s breakthrough merged into the main build so quickly.

To clarify will this be only in the 0316 ce-ng-dv-20,5 or also in ce-ng-20.5 (with 64bit dovi injection needed) or maybe even ce-ng-21 nightlies?

I’m very appreciative, just trying to understand which build(s) I should test.

Is there any deep-color setting in CE? The AVR and TV settings should be okay as it’s configured that way for months/years now and my U9-H was connected on that port. I just connected the HDMI from U9 to U22.

However, I have a theory now: I have Omega_nightly build on a USB stick and 20.5 stable on a Tf card. if I swap the media without going through pressing the recover button etc., looks like I get the wrong color. I have to try that a few more times to be confirm.

Yes, I am also unclear on the versions. I’m currently using 20.4 + CPMs upgrade that he posted here. Is there a build on the github page that I can use instead that includes this?

Apologies for stupid questions, but is the 21.0 omega build on the github page the nightly build?

ng-dv is no more, we discontinued it now that there’s a 64-bit dovi.ko available that works in ng.
But yes, 0316 build will have this change.

2 Likes