Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

No, in Minix U22X-J Max we can use inject bl301

Too bad they are impossible to find now. :smiling_face_with_tear:

I posted on their forum the latest developments with CoreELEC and suggested that they should bring back the device. Do the same :wink:

1 Like

if you mean that minix will produce u22-xj max…they will not. they totally stopped with android media boxes of any kind. not even software/firmware updates

they now only produce mini comouters, like minisforum. i.e. windows small size computers.

Yeah, I know. It would be nice if they had a warehouse with a couple of thousand forgotten devices.

There is a company, Pollywell Computers, that says if we can get an order of 1k, they can get them. Who’s got some spare change?

For AM6B+ encrypt boot issue, I just have an idea not sure if doable or not: right now slimbox team still releasing latest sbx FW for AM6B+, can they help include the revised part in their FW which like BL301 inject did for other devices. expect they have the capability.

This is interesting, but what does this firmware do for the boxes?

Another popular 3rd party fireware for amlogic android tv boxes, mostly they are base on stock fireware, did some Mod or optimise. My AM6B+ bualboot with slimbox and coreelec, all installed in emmc. My understanding, slimbox team did some job on bootloader.

What advantages does it have? I bought an OTG cable to use dual boot but for me it seems much faster from the SD card.

slimbox can provide ATV version firmware, others better try by yourself. you know ugoos stopped AM6+ update almost 2 yrs, but slimbox update till now base on 0.5.4, everytime they have some changes.
Back to topic, we should know if can get help from them, so CEC , wakeup can work on AM6B+, coreelec still the best choice for me.

Is cec broken on ugoos? My one should arrive soon…

It works, except in suspend mode. However, it does wake up when I select its HDMI input.

Also in my case if the device stays on with CEC enabled, TV can’t use EARC anymore and I don’t get sound from my soundbar. But this might be a bug with the TV instead. (Philips 808)

2 Likes

does anyone know the CE-21 still need copy the dovi.ko?
and have the 12bit issue?

Yes and for these devices it will always be unless there’s a major android upgrade for them that coincides with the kernel used in CE. We won’t provide the module packed with CE.
The 12bit bug is fixed.

1 Like

thx, i tested ,perfect, thanks all you CE team

1 Like

No issue then. My Vontar is always on as ugoos will be :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: can’t wait to put my hands on it :blush: Thank you!

I also noticed this during Ugoos AM7 CE, with CEC constantly turned on, eARC (LG G2) disappeared, which only works after turning on AVR…, everything is fine with my other boxes!

1 Like

In my case I had to force display color depth to 8bit under system->display, otherwise DV titles played by PMK are all purple, while native kodi playback is totally fine.

The latest version of PM4K support path mapping which allows it to play content via sms (or nfs or whatever), which makes playback identical to local kodi libraries. Works perfectly.