Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

Maybe the newer ones but the X900F is ancient from 2018. Maybe the process can’t handle it. I have the latest firmware installed.

It’s likely a limitation of the chipset. I doubt a firmware update would make a difference. Sony had a stint for a while where their TVs only did LLDV, is my understanding.

At least it’s not Samsung where they’re too dang cheap to pony up for the DV licensing.:rofl:

1 Like

I updated to the CoreELEC 21 5/22 nightly with the Kodi upstream Atmos audio dropout fix, and tested Black Hawk Down. It appears indeed this fix is legit. No audio skips or dropouts. Interestingly instead of that it’s showing 8 a/v corrections in about 20 minutes of Play time…

So you may want to consider the 5/22 nightly instead. As the Atmos fix is definitely worthwhile.

1 Like

Was this reply supposed to be in the other thread? (CoreELEC 21.0-Omega Amlogic-ng Discussion - #98 by PurplePlayer)

Nah, just spreading the good news :wink:

@DylanValenti Btw. What HDMI format is the HDMI input connected to the CoreELEC box set for? Ime having it set to Standard instead of Enhanced (may be called slightly different for your TV) at least for my equipment made weird stuff happen, and basically caused DV to not work (either partially or not at all). Was relevant for both TV and receiver (along with sound bar). Might be worth tweaking that to see if resolves it.

1 Like

With which button on ugoos you can see info of the movie during playback like bitrate, resolution, ram usage?

You can map one button for that.
playerprocessinfo
Use keymap editor addon, from kodi addon repo, program addons.
Run
Choose Edit > Full screen video > other
choose playerprocessinfo,
add button, click on it, choose eg. down.
Then back, back and save.
During video play press your button. quit to back.

Hi all

When running CoreELEC from boot would it update the firmware of the box as I read that minix might get a new firmware or would I need to unplug the external drive and power up the system to boot the normal android to get it to upgrade. It’s just I don’t want the firmware installed just in case it brakes anything.

Thread

Not sure if this will do anything

Would android just boot if I remove the drive and if I place the drive back I. Would it boot CoreELEC again as I not tried this.

It will boot to Android normally, don’t worry I have done many times with slimboxtv roms.

what is the website here meaning in red with the message: ‘‘for dolby support, you will need install the 3rd party ROM’’

do we need to do this on our am6b?

No, android part is irrelevant since we use our own dovi.ko now.

Is the tv-led option only relevant or more relevant for FEL content? Meaning, if I’m watching DV media ripped from Apple TV or other similar streaming platform, will there be any difference in picture quality, between having it on player led or tv led?

TV-led is better for all DV profiles, which includes P5 from streaming services

1 Like

Are there known problems for P5 mkv files? I use a Ugoos AM6b+ and I am seeing video stopping, then starting, then stopping. It’s not bandwidth, as I can stream 4K HDR remuxes perfectly.
Using nightly from May 15th.

Thought about asking before delving deeper into this, with logs, etc.

In my experience yes, a couple of P5 videos that keep retriggering the dolby vision logo or switching resolutions
I have a sample here if you’d like to test, and just above it I explain in more detail.

Any way to manually order the different versions of a film? They seem to just be in any random order, no specific reason for sorting

is the ugoos am6b powerful enough to feed an 5tb external usb hdd?

It can feed at least 2 5 tb portable hdd

How can i disable CEC-adapter?

Hi all, I just got my AM6B+ having no issues with playing any DV profiles in TV-Led mode. However, I am having some serious performance issues. I stream my videos from my Plex server which managed all of my media, so I have been using the forked Plex Mod 4 Kodi (PM4K) addon. I have been experiencing all sorts of crashing and slow performance. CoreELEC is dual booting from eMMC and HS200,HS400 is enabled. Bandwidth is not the issue, iperf3 shows that I get 950 mbps to my Plex server. Looking for any ideas on how can increase performance, at the moment it is almost unusable.