Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

Yes, I can teach it IR commands, no problem.
You had to turn off Bluetooth otherwise IR was not working?
So you’re commanding the box through IR commands, correct? No bluetooth involved.

I’ve downloaded the offical kodi app from the playstore on the ugoos and i saw that i’m getting DV from an mkv file. Is this playing correct? Or is this some kind of fake?

Edit: the kodi app via playstore is much darker, so no FEL support like CE i think.

I’m using the box only with IR commands, correct. I’ve turned off bluetooth because I wasn’t using it, don’t know if it affects the IR.

The latest nightly 20240527 contains a buffering fix for Kodi. I’m wondering if any users having trouble with files playing over the network recheck them and see if there is any improvement.

Maybe I just got a bad one then. I just tried the SFTP addon, cache just can’t keep up, again iperf3 shows 900 mbps. Did a complete reinstall of PM4K server keeps disconnecting, getting constant playback failures, etc. Honestly not sure what log file to post, I see all sorts of disconnect errors that dont make any sense, but other than that nothing.

Hmmm, I’m using the stable version. I will try the nightly tomorrow. If that doesn’t work I just don’t know what else I can do.

Similar for me except my harmony’s connected to the ugoos through devices windows media center (bluetooth) and ugoos media player (IR). The ugoos media player entry has IR commands for both on/off and I feel the bluetooth windows media center entry is much snappier than the IR route.

You need to at least post debug logs. Otherwise your symptoms are largely meaningless because that’s not enough detail by itself to figure out what’s going on.

In a nutshell the only time you’d want to use player led is because your DV TV can’t actually handle TV led DV and can only do player led.

Would there be any other device capable or do you think it best to get another

Have you tried adjusting the Chunk size to 1MB in the SMB/NFS options? If using SMB, force a min/max of V2 or V3.

How can i do a speedtest wit CE? Which addon?

who bought here from ugoos.store? i got this message from official ugoos website:

i hope they sell legit boxes?

I bought from ugoos.store… As many here :wink:
Delivery to IRL 6 days…

Don’t use the stable version if you care about Dolby Vision because there never has been a stable version for Dolby Vision. It’s an experimental feature and there are lots of fixes in the nightly version.

Thanks. My tv can but my Harmony Sync Box can’t. I just won’t use it with DV content as I prioritise the tv picture.

I feel it can’t get any snappier hehe but I’ll try your method, to compare. Thanks.

yeah added bonus with the BT method is that if you ever need to type something, you can just open up the harmony app on your phone and type through that instead of using the on screen kodi keyboard.

with harmony bt is def snappier than ir

I again have to THANK YOU GUYS WHAT YOU ARE DOING HERE IS INCREDIBLE!! MANY MANY THANKS!

it seems the dv pq is getting better and better every time I turn on the amb6+ :grin:

one thing I’ve realized occasionally, I’m using black screen screensaver because of my oled. sometimes the screen is not black it’s dark grey. that only happens with tv dv mode. and it only happens every 10th time or so…

not really important / urgent but maybe someone wants to know…

happy day

kodi.log (370.9 KB)
Attached the log file. Seems like I am getting timeout errors? Not sure why. This is on the latest nightly with PM4K installed. I am now trying WebDAV instead of SFTP to see if that makes a difference.

Ok WebDAV seems to have solved all issues! No playback errors. Couldn’t solve the PM4K issues, but I don’t require the PMS features anyway. Thank you all for your help!

1 Like