Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

For what it’s worth, with my setup, I noticed that green/purple on playback issue is more likely to happen when:

• using an HDMI splitter

AND/(OR?)

• setting the default framerate AND resolution the same as the video that will be playing… and the issue is that sometimes (I don’t know why) the default framerate is set back to 25fps (instead of 60fps), so a “full” HDMI handshake does not necessarily happen and it seems to cause the green/purple bug (at least with my setup/devices)

(
and as a reminder, as said in the Am6b+ doesn‘t play DV movies with GUI at 4k - #66 by freedomxj thread, you should not enable the setting “disable gui scaling” (so it means the GUI should be actually scaled) to avoid the “half screen filled” bug
)

Windows Media Center that works using Bluetooth? Harmony tells you to go to Ugoos and pair it after? Can’t seem to find it on the Harmony database, every Windows Media Center option I see is IR.

Edit: found it, it’s Windows/Kodi

1 Like

Why did the tv-led setting disappear in the newest nightly? Need to switch from player-led to tv-led and I’m now unable to

What’s your TV and how do you connect your box? Can you check in settings if System > Video shows Dolby Vision?

No setting for tv-led as it is the default. Turning on player-led disables tv-led.

They mentioned it disappeared, which occurs when CE fails to detect DV.

A post was merged into an existing topic: 3D Frame Packed (MVC) output with CoreELEC?

Right. I have 2 TVs, but only one box. One of them has player-led, the other has tv-led. I turned on player-led so I could use it on my Sony (player-led tv), now that I switched the box black to my lg (tv-led) I am unable to watch anything because I’m not able to switch the box back to tv-led. Everything is pink and green, etc. And before you ask, yes the box recognizes that the tv is capable of playing DV. Why did the setting disappear in the newest nightly?

Did your player-led setting disappear? Its available to me in latest nightly.

player-led enabled = tv-led disabled
player-led disabled = tv-led enabled

I don’t know. When this happens on my Philips, I switch my HDMI input settings back and forth.

Edit: Then I restart Kodi.

Yeah, I have no player-led settings in 21.1-Omega_nightly_20240529

I have expert setting enabled, and I’m looking for the player-led settings under System > CoreELEC.

Am I looking in the right place?

Why is back to the future (1985) 2160P remux is stuttering via composite and john wick 4 remux 2160P not?

Also gemini man 2160p remux is stuttering. Is that because 60fps?

I’m getting stuttering in HFR content as well. Subtitles seem to make it much worse

Check your tv settings and restart Kodi.

I’ve done that many many times. I don’t think the player-led setting is just going to show up after a restart. Any official word as to why the setting was removed in the newest nightly?

I have no issue with any of these remuxes (mkvs).

Make sure your files are from tier 1-3 release groups (trash guides tiering, framestor, cinephiles, 3L, etc)

There is no official word because it’s not removed.

My suggestions to you came from personal experience. Whenever CE couldn’t detect DV support from the TV due to an EDID issue, it would remove that option after a reboot. Changing TV settings and then a restart of Kodi brought that option and DV playback back.

In short, that option is still there and the problem is probably on your end. Player led shouldn’t cause color issues.

Also, did you actually check the page under system information?

Try this maybe

Hook back up to Sony TV

Now purposely turn off/disable player- led tv

Reboot.

Disconnect
hook up to other TV LG

Now maybe will read different edid

What are the tier 1 - 3 groups? Name them please.

yes, i want to also know…