Dolby Vision - VS10 Engine on Ugoos AM6+

No, only that I hope it will be.

1 Like

I had a feeling that I’ve read that yes, it would be included. Is this not certain to happen yet?

Not yet, Dolby Vision - VS10 Engine on Ugoos AM6+ - #228 by cpm

1 Like

So turns out my old Sony X900F cannot play TV Led P7 (green tint). Does the VS10 engine help me? Currently have player based DV enabled which works.

I don’t believe so. VS10 engine is naturally “on” during Dolby Vision playback so technically you are already using VS10 - but it won’t add TV-led DV to a panel that doesn’t have that.

If you are using my VS10 builds from this thread, you may want to try the one here:

It contains all the VS10 changes here as well as latest CE changes, and resolves issues with stability.

2 Likes

Sorry for the question, I would just like to understand if all the part described below is implemented in the modification (image) Dolby Vision Vs10 engine.
Why the CMv2 / CMv4 test file… is no longer displayed after updating with Dolby Vision Vs10 engine.
I ask if there are any particular settings that I need to use, at the moment I have only enabled the flags for “USER PLAYER LED” and “User Display Luminance” to ON
Let me start by saying that everything works perfectly and I thank you for the excellent work
Thank you

Coreelecc omega 21 :
“These devices support Profile 4, 5, 7 FEL, 7 MEL, 8.1, and 8.4. CoreELEC supports Single-Track Dual-Layer and Dual-Track Dual-Layer from BDMV folders as well as ISO, M2TS, MP4, MKV, and TS files. In LLDV mode, these devices support CMv2.9 metadata. When using Display (TV) led Dolby Vision, they support CMv2.9 and CMv4.0 metadata if you have a compatible TV”

Yes it should be - but big caveat this is a test build you would be advised to keep it a separate install on another sd-card.

Not sure what you mean by:
“Why the CMv2 / CMv4 test file… is no longer displayed after updating with Dolby Vision Vs10 engine.”

When I play the CMv4.mp4 test file, the message “test passed” is no longer displayed

1 Like

Alright I see.

Can I check you have tested that file and it works on the latest CE nightly build?
If so could you try converting it into an mkv, and see if you still get the issue?
Finally where did you get the file? So I can download and try my side tomorrow.

what is a V10 engine exactly? what is the profit?

Hi CPM
Yes , i do the test with the latest CE nightly build .
Ok i try player the MKV version
Here found the test file : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QUURfLy5ew

Maybe try Google first “Dolby Vision VS10”

The first result is a reasonable overview.

Dolby Vision VS10 video processor

The advanced Dolby Vision VS10 video processing engine ensures maximum image quality when playing any type of content (SDR, HDR, Dolby Vision) with any type of video output signal (SDR, HDR, Dolby Vision), improves the SDR/HDR/Dolby Vision conversion quality, minimizes the effect of “posterization” (“banding”) due to more advanced 12-bit video processing.

I cant update, with the last nightly says kernel mising…

All is ok, now i can update correctly

I downloaded and it is working fine for me.

There should be no difference in the handling between my latest build (update link below) and the CE nightly.
Maybe you can try changing some settings and see if you can isolate the problem.
Would recommend doing any further tests on a completely fresh install of CE then apply the update from here:

Update

to get a known baseline to test from.

Amazing update, thanks! Seems to have fixed the occasional crashing/rebooting I was getting when starting content with VS10, and FEL is working with DTDL in this build

1 Like

all CE is incorrect for videos of 25 and 50 fps …

Thank you very much, great work

What? I play 50fps daily with simple iptv player connected to my sat receiver… :wink: