DreamMax B9S2X

Welcome We are pleased with your response and your assistance in developing the device, and we look forward to more from you

4 Likes

My friend, why exaggerate this amount? You help people for free. Why are we with money? Help us. We will be grateful to you

3 Likes

if we coud afford that much we would have bought a new devices already we thought this blog was like github every one does his best for helping others thats it

4 Likes

Exaggerate? You want something and someone else provide that. And this someone else set the conditions :slight_smile:

Yes, helping for free. Which means everyone helping can decide with what will help. And supporting this old device is something most of us not interested.

Exactly. Maybe someone will help you. You can just wait.

2 Likes

My friend, we are a group of users of this device, and we use this version of the distribution. Some users experience a malfunction in the Wi-Fi. If you can help us, we will be grateful to you. We are not merchants. We are ordinary users, and this blog is for help.

2 Likes

This means that you will not help us for free Only you will help us. If there is a fee, why this exploitation known about this blog? It helps people without payment.

1 Like

I mentioned fee because you really want something and fee would increase interest of someone to help you.
And there is no exploitation of anything.

But as I wrote helping for free is personal decision of anyone who is helping and with what is helping.

1 Like

I have the same device dream max b9s2x ,Please help us , support it.

1 Like

تمام شكرا لك سوف يأتي من يساعدنا بدون مقابل
الاستغلال ليس جيد ياصديقي

This is English forum.

And as I wrote there was no exploitation of any kind and it was misunderstood.

2 Likes

We will wait to find support for this device from one of the developers for free and not for a fee.

And we thank him for his great services.

3 Likes

@all request support of this device: you have read correctly CoreELEC is free of charge and the team do this because of fun.

So you all find maybe some more nice words instead pushing with facts of 2000 users to add support, now!

This lead to the wrong direction and the team loose even more interest on it.

Also as @vpeter mentioned the SoC used is EOL. We are already working on 5.15 Linux kernel where no GXL support is given.
Second fact is DVB is EOL as the developer disappeared 3 years ago.

The joke about the fee for the work is just fun because we are hit with requests like this every day.
And remember, we are doing this for fun, not for business.

So my hint for your users is find someone make a PR on a active CoreELEC branch what we can merge.

Team CoreELEC will not as I guess we can’t manage such request with fun in our free time.

Please think about next request!

End of discussion.

1 Like

ا have the same device dream max b9s2x ,Please help us , support it.

1 Like

Thanks for your words. Go on.

Use Amlogic-ng, CoreELEC-20 generic image.

Use gxl_p231_1g_m8s_dvb-s2.dtb as dtb.img.

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:devgeneric#generic_devices

After install and booting run:

udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/* | paste
lsusb | paste
dmesg | paste

And post result ix.io link. Be sure you have Ethernet LAN cable connected and internet access!

2 Likes

Hi guys I have dreammax b9s2x and it’s modem RTL8189ETV does the internal wifi works ?

Try this system: https://relkai.coreelec.org/Amlogic-ng/ce-20/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20.3-Nexus_nightly_20230816-Generic.img.gz
With this dtb file: gxl_p231_1g_m8s_dvb-s2.dtb

New install, on new sd card!

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply. I will do that and back to inform you with results…
Again we appreciate any support from you and others in your team. :love_letter: