EmuELEC: Retro Emulation Kodi Addon for CoreELEC!

Been trying for a while with the help of other people to try and compile Yabasanshiro, but so far I have not been successful, We managed to compile it, but it segfaults when starting. So unless that someone with more knowledge on this chips in, I don’t see it working anytime soon.

Kronos does not seem to be compatible with Amlogic as it requires OpenGL 3.3

Hi whats 38 systems are?

iis interested! i see that cant send private mesages here :frowning:

Thanks

On the Kronos website however, it says OpenGLES 3.0:

Maybe that’s changed with more recent builds?

When trying to launch an openbor pak I get: sh: setterm: not found

Any idea how to get past this?

Logs: https://pastebin.com/D9TW3NEh

sh: setterm: not found is not an emulator error and its safe to ignore.

OpenBor may not work on all paks, can you try with another one?

Please don’t send random PM unless asked.

I am having great luck with Reicast…I think with a few code optimizations it could be perfect DC emulation on s905x and up devices.

Unfortunately I don’t think that is happening anytime soon, there seem to be a few problems with the Reicast team. Also the version I am using on the s905 is an old one because the new one runs very slow on S905 (since it seems they are focusing on accuracy)

I hope someone branches a non-accurate codebase for re-icast …Maybe we will see a Sega Model 2\3 core soon…That would be nice.

My first post here :slight_smile: … Received my N2 about a week ago and enjoying playing about with it. CoreELEC and Kodi and working a treat. I’ve got the Kodi LibRetro gaming working well, but I’d like to get some of my N64 games working, Sx05RE looks the best option and is looking really good. However, I’m not getting any sound. This is the log …

Sx05RE Run Log
1st parameter: N64
2nd Parameter: /storage/roms/n64/Mario Kart 64 (USA).zip
3rd Parameter: 
4th Parameter: 
Run Command is:
/storage/.kodi/addons/script.sx05re.launcher/bin/retroarch -L /storage/.kodi/addons/script.sx05re.launcher/lib/libretro/mupen64plus_libretro.so /storage/roms/n64/Mario Kart 64 (USA).zip
Emulator Output is:
ALSA lib /var/corebuild/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.0-devel/alsa-lib-1.1.8/src/seq/seq_hw.c:466:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory
sh: setterm: not found
context_reset.
plugin_start_gfx success.

My sound settings are;

<string name="AudioCard" value="default" />
<string name="AudioDevice" value="PCM" />

the error in the log references /var/corebuild but I don’t have this folder on my system? Anything I can change or test?

Even tho that error mentions ALSA it has nothing to do with not having sound, that actually means there will be no SEQ music (MIDI),

The problem is that the new version of CE changed how sound is handled, which is great for CE but it breaks the old add-on I made a test version that includes a fix for this, you will have to remove the old add-on and use the test version posted here https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhB0moRaeC4QaRhewfpCffNBOEA (make sure you select the proper add-on for the N2 which should include “ng” on the name)

I will point out that on the N2, N64 stuff runs beautifully. With just about every 3D game I’ve tried, I’ve been able to bump the resolution to 1440x1080 or 960x720 with no major problems (gotta love dynarec emulators).

Dreamcast also works beautifully, even bumped up to 1440x1080 on Flycast (formerly beetle_dc, formerly reicast_libretro). Saturn leaves something to be desired, but Saturn’s always been a tough but to crack emulation-wise. 16 and 8 bit stuff runs flawlessly. I’m quite happy with N2 as a game platform, and Shanti’s been incredibly good at getting the wrinkles ironed out of problems.

1 Like

What is the N2 device you are using? …You sold me on 1440x1080 Flycast. Maybe its time to upgrade this old s905x.

“Actually I found a document that states that the S922XSOC contains a 1 lane PCI-E that in Odroid N2 case was used for the USB 3.0 port. Other companies could provide this PCI-E lane as a M.2 connector or PCI-E slot.”

This would be cool to hook up a gfx card on the PCIe lane!

Thanks Shanti for the quick reply, that sorted it out for me. Turns out I wasn’t actually using the N2 version of the addon either, all good now!

It’s a 4GB Odroid N2. 4GB is probably overkill in retrospect, but my intention is to get an Odroid H2 when they’re again available and move over to that, so I wanted the N2 to have enough oomph for any other future uses.

I don’t believe there’d be anyway to add a GFX to the N2, and if there were, it’d likely have dismal support — multitudes less than the on-board G52.

I have this same issue with Odroid-N2. How did you fix it?

How did you install Drastic?

I ran ./dldrastic.sh from the scripts folder.

I’ve installed also the sx05re version 2.5 on an odroid n2.
I wanted to play Twinsen’s Odyssey on Dosbox, but found several problems:

1. Emulation is slow. Is there something to be done here ? It was running fine on an RPI3.
  2. I have a cue file with Ogg (or Mp3 or wav) as an audio track . If I leave it in the file, it displays an mscdex error and won’t mount it.
  3. The game has no sound. Should I set something in advance ? (I am using HDMI audio output).

Nevertheless, this is a great addon!

I need to update the description with a new version.

The add-on posted here is for S905 and S912, although it works on the N2, it is not optimal.
As I explained a few comments back. if you are using the N2 you will need to use the test version here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhB0moRaeC4QaRhewfpCffNBOEA but you need to remove the old add-on first.