I just pushed v3.2 to Github
This is mostly a bug fix release.
A notable change is that the add-on will now appear in the “Game” section of Kodi
Please remove the old add-on before installing this one, also make sure you delete the following folders if they exists.
Don’t forget to make a backup copy of those folders if you want to restore your changes.
Version 3.1 official has been released!
Thanks to everyone that helped testing it!
P.S. Version numbers are in par with the stand-alone version of EmuELEC you didn’t miss any others
A new test version with a new name has been uploaded, its now 3.0! MANY fixes and changes haven been made but it still needs a bit of testing before I upload the official release.
Things to keep in mind:
- This IS a bleeding edge test release, meaning they are most likely bugs still present
- You need to uninstall the old one first, and delete the /storage/.emulationstation folder, I did not wanted to do it automatically since I am not sure if you have some customization on that folder, but the official release will most likely delete this automatically at first boot, be warned!
- If sound does not work, check your Kodi settings, the addon will try to automatically detect the sound, and if it still fails you can delete the asound.conf file that gets created, just to test.
- DO NOT INSTALL if you feel uncomfortable experiencing or reporting bugs
- This should work on CE 9.2 but I only tested it with the nightly release so I am not 100% sure
Some changes you can expect.
- DosBox, Amiberry and Hatarisa now work perfectly fine
- Background music now works (put mp3’s in /storage/roms/BGM)
- Better handling of resolution (I have not tested anything above 1080p nor I recommend you run the add-on at anything above)
- Many other small bug fixes
- New logo (by Prizco) and Intro video (by ElF0rma) , the video only plays the first time the Addon is launched
Download from here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhB0moRaeC4QaRhewfpCffNBOEA
This is a a new test version of the Sx05RE Kodi Addon for S905 and S912 running CoreELEC.
I removed the Libretro database file as it was the cause of the long installation time, if you need it you can reinstall it from within Retroarch.
I added PPSSPP, Reicast and Advancemame to this version, but please note that they work on the S905 but they might not work on S912, please let me know of any problems.
There is a setting in the Addon to start Emulationstation (default) or Retroarch.
roms should go into
/storage/roms/[system] (e.g. for NES games
You will need at least 650MB of space in /storage to be able to install this add-on, and that does not include ROMS but If you want to use an external HDD or a USB for your ROMS, make a directory called “roms” in the root of the USB device, then inside create an empty file called
sx05reroms, place your ROMS inside the corresponding folder (nes, snes, etc, etc.) then with the device plugged start the add-on.
some emulators require extra BIOS files, these should go into
/storage/roms/bios/ (or if using the USB/HDD inside
/roms/bios/) dreamcast bios goes into
Note: You need to enable external sources to be able to install this from zip, it takes about 4 minutes to install (lots of files), while its installing there will be no status update (not sure why) and it will look like Kodi is not doing anything but it is installing, be patient!
also, not all the options in the Emulationstation menu are working, they will be removed/fixed later.
Please let me know of any problems you find!
2.3.1 of the Sx05RE Add-on
There has been a few changes, but the most important is gamepad auto configuration for ES and Retroarch (still trying to figure out Advmame, PPSSPPSDL and Reicast) when you first set up your gamepad in Emulationstation it will also set up your gamepad in Retroarch with hotkeys and all!
(HK = Hotkey)
HK+Start - Quit to ES
HK+X - Retroarch Menu
HK+RB - Save state
HK+LB - Load state
HK+Dpad Left/Right - Select save slot
HK+B - Reset
Remember this add-on might still have issues, if you find any, please don’t hesitate to let me know!
Please us the test version here https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhB0moRaeC4QaRhewfpCffNBOEA
provide as MUCH information as possible, Box model, dmesg log, etc, etc.
but BEFORE asking for help AT LEAST you need to go to pastebin.com and post all of this files if they are available
Then post the pastebin url and explain your problem, without logs I will not be answering any help request, I get too many and its hard to focus on all of them without the required information, if you can’t take time to do this, then I won´t take time to help you, easy as that.