EmuELEC: Retro Emulation Kodi Addon for CoreELEC!

Mhh okay I created .svm files only with shortname in it.

Problem with Monkey island3 I cant find the shortname, but on PC (and retrofit) scummvm it works, but there i have the GUI to import the Game…

I give it a try…

1 Like

Thanks for addon.
Is it possible to add option to swap a/b buttons in ES? I’m found it at retroarch, but there is no such option at ES.

Just configure your gamepad the way you want it on the initial screen, or from the menu.

NORTH = X on Nintendo, Y on Xbox and TRIANGLE on Sony
WEST = Y on Nintendo, X on Xbox, and SQUARE on Sony
SOUTH = B on Nintendo, A on Xbox and X on Sony
EAST = A on Nintendo, B on Xbox and CIRCLE on Sony 

Very strage, only indy4 is working. But here I can get into the launcher GUI and add all other games and play them.

Is it possible wir a .sh file to only load the launcher?

Hi, thanks for your hard work.
I installed the addon version of the test release (3.0) on nightly CoreElec on Odroid-N2.
I tried a couple of mame games and everything seems fine. It loads fast.
The ps4 controller works fine too.

1 Like

Version 3.1 official has been released

? Page not found ?

Downloaded from OneDrive

Fixed, sorry don’t know what happened.

the ones in OneDrive are always “test” versions.

My images (Covers) are under .emulationstation.
So I need to Backup it every update?

Not sure why you use them like that, but if that is the case then, yes, but I would suggest you change those to be under your /storage/roms or a path that you usually backup.

Problem with the addon is that Kodi just overwrites anything on an addon update, the solution would be to only include the files that were changed for that release but my script is not made for that and it seems like a lot of work to make it do that.

Also I am not an expert in the Kodi addon development, so maybe there is a way to only update the changed files that I do not know.

Mhh I took the images from retropie and he saved it in this path.
How can I change it to my rom folder?
Does I need a special folder in there?

This is the path
~/.emulationstation/downloaded_images

The gamelist.xml is there aswell.

Well the easiest method is to backup these files and restore them after update, Usually this files are saved alongside your roms, in my case since I use an external USB with my ROMS all of that is accessed from there.

After update you should be able to connect by samba (network shares) to the add-on folder and access the config/emulationstation folder in which you can copy the files to.

Hi,
I have a problem with version 3.1 on my Amlogic S912.
The C64 emulator does not display all roms. Probably those with the T.64 extension.
In version 3.0 everything is ok.
There is a difference between 3.1 and 3.0 in the es_systems file

Version 3.1 looks like this:

"
C64 </ name>
Commodore 64
/ storage / roms / C64 </ path>
.crt .d64 .g64 .d81 .prg .t64 .tap .x64 .zip .vsf .CRT .D64 .G64 .PRG .T64 .TAP .X64 .ZIP .VSF
/emuelec/scripts/emuelecRunEmu.sh LIBRETRO vice_x64% ROM% -PC64
C64 </ platform>
C64 </ theme>
</ System>"

Version 3.0 is missing .crt .t64 .T64 and others. However, despite adding these entries to version 3.1, it still does not work

Ahh okay. I though there is a method to save the artwork directly in the Roms folder.

What about scummvm?
Any possibility to start only the GUI (launcher)
Maybe with a .sh file?

I cannot understand what your trying to say.

You say 3.1 does not have the extensions, yet you show the 3.1 file that does in fact have those extensions? then you ask about 3.0 ?

I am confused

If you have a problem loading a game please post the log, if there is a problem showing the games in ES just make sure the extension is a valid one for .c64

Thee is a way, but you will need to modify the contents of the gamelist.xml to point to your ROM path

Just place gamelist.xml (and any snaps/cover/videos folder or such) in the corresponding ROM folder, then modify gamelist.xml to point to the correct paths (you can use search and replace)

But the gamelist.xml is in the emulationstation :slight_smile:
I will backup the hole stuff :slight_smile:

was anyone able to get daphne to work?

Unfortunately no, I tried everything I’ve read and it still says “content not found”

Hello Shanti,

I am starting to use emuelec (not addon) and every time that I restart I have to pair my 8bitdo arcade bluetooth controller nes30.
¿Is it normal or is there a way to memorize the bluetooth controller?
Thank you