EmuELEC: Retro Emulation Kodi Addon for CoreELEC!

Is there addon version for kvim3l??

I do not own a KVIM3L so I am not sure, but it does not hurt to try it I guess.

it is not normal, My 8bitdo reconnects automatically, but please this thread is not for the standalone version of EmuELEC only issues related to the add-on should be discussed here. If you need help on the standalone please use discord or open an issue on Github.

Thank you shanti and sorry for ask here.
I will search if my 8bitdo has and new firmware.

Installed 3.1 amlogic.zip on kvim3l. Everything looks fine. Now what is with xbox one s controller. Seems like it can connect via bluetooth but have some problems…

Unfortunately the Xbox one s gamepad still has problems with bluetooth, we are still working on a solution to make it work, @cdu13a has made some progress but it still has some issues. The solution for the moment is to use a USB cable.

1 Like

Progress will likely be a little slow on completely solving issues with the Xbox One S and bluetooth, since I don’t actually have one to test with so it’s not just my availability to work on this contributing to the speed at which this can get solved but the availability of others that are testing and collect debugging info for me as well.

2 Likes

i would be glad to help. But i dont have skills.

Hi. Can someone explain in simple terms to noob as I am, how to install EmuELEC and run MAME games, or at least point me to some step-by-step tutorial.

When I look into add-ons/emulators i see Arcade (MAME 2013), Arcade (2013 Plus) etc. but do not see neither EmuELEC or Retroplayer as alternative.

Thank you.

It’s installed as any other add-on you “install from zip”, copy the file by network share, or on an external USB. then select “install from zip” and select the file. There is no repo available yet.

What file should I download? Is this the proper file? Its 200MB large, a little to big for add-on.
https://github.com/EmuELEC/EmuELEC/releases/download/v3.1-addon/script.emuelec.Amlogic-ng.launcher-3.1-Amlogic-ng.zip

This version is for new chipsets, and for old (S912 & S905/w/x/d) you need the version without -ng in file name.

Also when this addon is installed, there is no message as with other addons, just wait until it says that it’s finished. Installation might last up to 5-6minutes, so be patient :wink:

Files with -ng are for s922x/A311d (like Odroid N2 and VIM3), of course its a big add-on, it includes all the emulators + front ends, its a one stop shop for the emulators supported 99999except for any games/roms)

Hi
I tried to follow the Wiki Page about scrapers. It referes to retropie scrapers Wiki page, but It tells to skip installation instructions.
I can’t understand how to use Steven Selph’s Scraper, which I need ti scrape my Mame roms collection.
Thanks

Hi. help me get your addon to work on -removed-. I’m currently using version 2.3, but I would like a newer version. Tnx

@Am_logic No, the add-on is only meant for CoreELEC

I recommend you use an external scraper (like Skraper) as the add-on doesn’t really scrape that well.

Ok. Tnx. help then deal with 2.5. How can I make the images of games seen on usb flash? What do you need to do for this? which config to edit?
Maybe you available on telegram channel?

I tried, but maybe I did something wrong.
I tried the “retropie” profile, but I can’t find the right “config” folder in which to save the scraped infos.
Then I tried the generic profile, which create a dat file in every rom folder at the end of the scraping process, but I think it’s not compatible with the frontend (emulation station) because when I started it didn’t find anything.

No, like I said, this is ONLY for CoreELEC if you use it on another distro, I cannot help you.