šŸ†• Entware package manager

great idea :+1:

Awesome news!
Iā€™ve been using opkg on my openwrt router, good choice indeed.

Greetings,

This is a really great and very important development.

So, where do we get these packages?
And will it only be with SSH commands to install?

Best regardsā€¦

Bahtsiz_bedevi ben olayı tam anlamadım.

AƧıklarsan minettar olurum.

Sorry for Turkish.

Best regardsā€¦

Yes, it is a command line package manager. It is intended for power users, there are no plans to make it accessible from Kodi UI.

1 Like

Greetings,

But as far as I understand, it will be compatible with the core structure of CoreELEC, ie, the KODI system?

Best regardsā€¦

@ozkaradag if you donā€™t understand at this point then it is not for you, it is part of the CoreELEC OS and nothing to do with Kodi.

1 Like

Greetings,

Dear @ adamg friend; Iā€™ve used Enigma2 before, the package setup is exactly the same.
The only point I do not understand is this; Which packages will I use?
If it will be independent of the KODI system, it will make me very happy.

In the meantime, forgive my ignorance.

Best regardsā€¦

@ozkaradag
Selam, ekledikleri bir paket yoneticisi. Eger daha once linux kullandiysan apt-get, aptitude veya pacman ile ayni sey.
Kodi de add-on lari kodinin kendisine kuruyoruz.
Ancak opkg ile paketleri(add-on lar degil) CoreElec yani isletim sistemi kuracagiz.
CoreElec Kodi degil, CoreElect Kodiā€™yi calistiran isletim sistem.
opkg CoreElec ile alakli birsey, Kodi ile alakasi yok.

[english]
Hi, the thing they added is a package manager. If you have used linux before, itā€™s same like apt-get, aptitude or pacman.
We install add-ons to kodi itself.
Bu with opkg, weā€™ll install packages(not add-ons) to the CoreElec, operating system.
CoreElec is not Kodi, CoreElec is the operating system that runs Kodi.
opkg is something CoreElec related, not Kodi.

2 Likes

@anon88919003

im updating from the 8.90.5 build. Everything is working well. But after I am updating to the build with entware, I canā€™t access the box via ssh. It asks me for the password and after my input it is telling me access denied.

After placing the 8.90.5 build in the update Folder and rebooting everythings works fine again.

I was wondering quite some time that the password is still libreelec instead of coreelec after I updated to it some months ago. But after the update to this developers build neither libreelec nor coreelec does work.

Is there a solution for that ?

1 Like

@ozkaradag Think opkg like Google Play where you download Android apps :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ilovele I havenā€™t experienced that issue, if your password is libreelec on 8.90.5 then you have upgraded from LE which has numerous issues.

You need to fresh install.

@anon88919003 There is openvpn package in http://bin.entware.net/armv7sf-k3.2/Packages.html
Can I use my TV box as a 7/24 proxy server for my local network that tunnels my traffic through OpenVPN?

In theory yes, with the right configurationā€¦ as to how thatā€™s another question.

You would need to enable IP forwarding with sysctl and add the corresponding iptables rules to masquerade traffic via the OpenVPN interface and then change any computer to use your Amlogic box as the gateway or do it via DHCP options depending on your network configuration.

Entware is provided as a courtesy though for power users and our support will primarily be for Kodi related issues, donā€™t expect the same level of Q&A from the team for anything Entware related.

1 Like

thanks @anon88919003 for this package manager. Now I can use [vpnc] for connecting to my fritzbox VPN from my hotel. Finally I will have my programs on my journeys.

I migrated to FreeSWITCH from Asterisk long time ago for a number of reasons, i.e. security issue with Asterisk, etc. Therefore, I donā€™t think I will try Asterisk anymore.

Is this not the same list you get from

opkg list

where it is installed?

I also didnā€™t get the point, why AlexELEC has to be mentioned here, because it has nothing to do with him. Itā€™s the official list on the entware website.
No reason to advertise AE here.

Using opkg years @OpenWRT / LEDE. Although I experience some shortcomings there, its indeed very nice set of tools and vast hyphotetic improvement and power for jeOS. Only thing I am afraid, to not interfere with existing tuned, stable, prooven, and low resource print jeOS :-]

Hello,

What is the status of this feature ? Has it been incorporated in CoreELEC yet ?

Thank you !