Favorites as startup page?

Yes, I did. I said I had copied Home.xml to a USB drive and then copied it over to /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary using Kodi’s File Manager but it made no difference. FXB78 said it may be read only so perhaps the reason why it didn’t work.

I am sorry that you are getting angry with me. I wish I had your skills but at this moment in time, I don’t. I would love to learn how to edit files on my device. Are there any tutorials available?

I told you to install addon and not copy any file manualy. Even if you would copy anything you need to first copy skin folder from /usr (which is read only) to /storage (which is writable).

So try to copy whole folder /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary to /storage/.kodi/addons and copy file in this folder.

Ok, I will try that.

Incidentally, one issue that troubles me is that when I attempt to copy anything to another directory using File Manager, I can copy on the left hand side but on the right hand side there is no paste option. The only option I am offered is move and if I do that the file disappears from the left side.

What is the best way to copy/paste using File Manager please?

Even though you chose not to answer my question about copy/paste, I found the solution on the Kodi forum where Hitcher and Sholander came to my aid. Most importantly, I wish to thank you for the file you supplied because it worked far better than I imagined it would. In fact, I think it probably worked better than you had originally envisaged.

FYI vpeter, the problem was solved after Sholander suggested I place the zip file on a USB drive and then go into Addons to execute the install from zip command. All that was required after that was a reboot and Favourites had become my start page. :slight_smile:

What I found fascinating was that the default skin did not alter any of my modifications!

Something I would like to clear up is that Favourites is only a dialog if you actually click on the Favourites tab. If you just leave it as selected and move the focus to the page itself, it behaves like a normal page, just like all the other tabs.

I realize I will still benefit from learning how to use SSH but, as Sholander said almost at the beginning, we were trying to make something extremely simple become as complicated as possible and that’s where I stumbled. I’m sorry that it made you angry but I still want to thank you for all the time you spent assisting me. And, FWIW, here’s a photo of my screen now that Favourites has become my startup page:

​​​​​​​

1 Like

I did wrote to install addon from zip file if you can’t copy files manually in ssh :slight_smile:

At least now you have what you want.

1 Like

The section to the right is a widget, not a Startup page. If you’d had said Widget in the first place it would’ve cleared up a lot of confusion. You can also add a Widget to virtually any skin if you look in the Skin settings. Anyway at least you got it sorted, and learned a bit of terminology about Widgets as well!

And thank you very much for all your help FXB78. You have all been marvelous!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.