Flickering at bottom of screen

Yes it does. You can select which inputs are for UHD.

Sorry I cant think of anything else to try BUT I think your TV maybe lying to you but as I said the Devs may be able to help more. Its 5:39am here so I will catch up tomorrow and see if they can solve it.

Thanks for all your help.

As discussed above and from dispinfo you resolution is not correct while playing video…
Is your GUI resolution set to 4k?
If yes, than switch it to 1080p by default. and try again

No it is and has always been 1080p.

ok, please upload dispinfo also then you are in GUI(and nothing played in background) to check that do you have… something somewhere is wrong.
it’s very strange that you have 1080i signal while playing this video, this can cause this flickering… , not 1080p also…

Here is dispinfo.

Here is screenshot.

ok, try to choose 422 settings in coreelec settings, reboot and check again if it works for you.
if it doesn’t work, than dispinfo again while playing this file

Still the same with 422 enabled.

Here is dispinfo when the video is playing and 422 enabled.

Now you have correct resolution from dispinfo:

cur_VIC: 93
VIC: 93 3840x2160p24hz
Colour depth: 10-bit
Colourspace: YUV422

Make a photo what you see wrong

This shows the input source information. It’s 1080p.

From dispinfo I see different info for 422 mode and it correct. don’t know what happened on tv side after.

Have you tried starting the playback then going into the settings and changing the display resolution and see what happens.

I’m starting to think the TV is not telling me the truth about the input source resolution and there is therefore nothing wrong with CE/Kodi. Need to do some more testing to prove it.

I suspect that too if you use a UHD file play it then switch to 720p playback in setting then 1080p, 2060p you should see the text quality improve indicating a higher resolution then meanwhile use your info button to check what you TV thinks the resolution was and see if it matches the kodi box.
I think your TV “lies like a cheap Chinese watch”. Or a cheep Chinese box if it the KODI.

Where exactly do you do this?

Hmmmmm… Maybe, But it’s no cheap TV and it’s no chinese one either. Samsung is a good brand and it’s only a month old. Still not convinced.

“You Lie like a cheap Chinese watch” was a quote that someone used to use all the time. I just adjusted it for the purpose.
Your TV is probably South Korean or Slovakian.

Play the file hit OK on your remote, the Go To the Cog bottom right corner click a setting menu will pop up the bottom line should be Select Resolution. Just go through a number of different choices and check that your TV reports the resolution you selected.

Sorry, but no Select Resolution.

Thats odd at the bottom of the first screen there should be select resolution as below. I can only assume you have set a fixed resolution.

Your setting should look like this
Enable all resolution in the whitelist allthough none should have the same result.

If you add a Delay after change rate of say 3s then the screen should pause when the resolution changes that way you know something is happening

I have none selected in whitelist per this recommendation.