[Guide] Homatics Box R 4k Plus CoreELEC installation, configuration and modding

Ensure you copied the correct version of dovi.ko (for s905x4), as provided in the opening post.

Reading the next step you see how to check if DV is now available;

Reboot CoreELEC
Confirm the driver has loaded by checking for Dolby Vision features under
Settings / System / CoreELEC

The TV should/will not show that it is making use of Dolby Vision when you are not playing an actual DV file, when booted to CoreElec.
When booting to Android, depending on how you configured HDR/DV within the Android settings, the LG TV may show having changed to DV, when it is enforced as a default.

1 Like

Thank you @smvzombie

Hi,

I Have an Homatics R 4k Plus, rosegold/white color, firmware 12.8.5394.
I used file : CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-21.1.1-Omega_nightly_20240827-Generic.img.gz

And device tree : sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit.dtb

First start without problem, wlan and wifi works.

Since then, there have been several nightly updates and I no longer have ethernet functional, whether with sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit.dtb or sei.

Only the 2.4GHz wifi works.

Strange, right? It seems to me that these issues had been resolved since :frowning:

boot to Android and back to CoreELEC and ethernet will work.

fresh install.
Changelog (20240924) Mon Sep 23 19:39:11 2024 +0200 – Amlogic-ng: enable Motorcomm YT8531 phy (Peter)

I know this trick but it’s far from practical…
But I didn’t have any issues with the first nightlies unlike other people.

And now that they’ve fixed the problem for other people, it’s at my place that it’s not working xD

I will try to do a clean installation with the latest release and another one with the old version that worked :wink:

Go back and try all the nightl builds to see exactly when it failed your case.

We don’t own all possible devices to check ourself.